By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic Journey, Parents don't know about it

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Winxyzwinky

Ectopic Journey, Parents don't know about it

Post by Winxyzwinky »

Hi everyone, I'm stressed out as anything. Had sex once with my boyfriend on 3rd February, took a morning after pill within one hour and got a negative urine test on 22 Feb. Had some spotting 3rd March onwards.
beta hcg test on 6th March - 726.
Ultrasound on 7th March reveals complex mass in right adnexa 34x31mm with free fluid.
Got mtx shot on 8th March.
Hcg test one day after on 9th March - 1125.
Another test on 11th March - 801
Test on 15th March - 682. Ultrasound reveals mass has increased to 39x29mm with free fluid.
Hcg seems going in right direction, but I've been having maroon mucous discharge since last 4 days and slight twitching/pulling pain on right side of pelvis. Doctor told to wait another week for ultrasound and test, I'll get a blood test tomorrow for reference.
Why did the mass size go up if hcg is going down? Worried what if it will rupture.. Any insight would be very appreciated.
Parents don't know, they're conservative. Even harder to manage with my boyfriend.

EctopicPUL

Re: Ectopic Journey, Parents don't know about it

Post by EctopicPUL »

Sorry for what you’re going through. Mine was after morning after too. Only realised in hindsight if you get pregnant after taking morning after 1/20 are ectopic.

Hope things resolve for you soon X

Winxyzwinky

Post by Winxyzwinky »

Thanks for your kind words, the only thing I'm worried about is the size of the mass increasing 5mm since I've had the shot. What could be the cause of this? Hcg seems to be going down okay I guess..

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I’m not sure but as long as your hcg is going down that’s the priority. There will be options if the physical mass doesn’t shrink right away. Often it can take months for things to be absorbed. X

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Winxyzwinky,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot comment specifically on your case. It can take weeks and sometimes months to be complete for a mass to be reabsorbed. I am afraid it can be difficult to be precise because our bodies are all unique and we respond differently physiologically with what is happening. It is reassuring to hear that your hCG levels are falling and you are scheduled a further ultrasound scan. Although I do not wish to alarm you, as the mass had previously increased in size, if you develop any worsening bleeding, abdominal pain, shoulder tip pain, bladder or bowel problems or feel dizzy and unwell, please seek urgent medical advice.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team