By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ovulation/Period after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Eport1985

Ovulation/Period after ectopic

Post by Eport1985 »

This next month we were going to start ttc again as it will be six months since my tube removal after cornual ectopic. my cycles went back to normal since my surgery in Oct and I've had three cycles (about 35 days, ovulation on 17/18)
then all of a sudden this month, (my fourth cycle since surgery) I ovulated a week earlier than I have been the past few months and I started cramping and spotting. I've never cramped and spotted during ovulation before OR even after my ectopic, until this month. What is going on?? I'm so confused why this has happened all of a sudden. Is cramping and spotting during ovulation something to worry about?? And now I'm concerned bc my cycle is shorter this month. I thought everything was back to normal since December and now I'm confused why it changed all of a sudden this month. Any advice?

EPT Host 20

Re: Ovulation/Period after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Eport1985,
Whilst you have settled into a rhythm that is more usual for you, any number of reasons can cause change in our cycles from stress to weight loss. It may also just be a one off irregularity.
If you have had unprotected intercourse, as you have experienced cramping and spotting, I would advise completing a pregnancy test. If this is positive, please seek urgent medical advice.
As you are keeping track of your cycle, keep note of this irregularity and if it occurs again, do discuss with you Dr.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team