By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Treatment options 2nd ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Domdom123

Treatment options 2nd ectopic

Post by Domdom123 »

Hello to all lovely ladies, I am new to this forum hoping to engage in different topics regularly:-)

I had 2 pregnancies both ectopic, my last one was in august 2018 and doctor recommened ‘wait and see’ approach. My hcg levels were very low 80-60-40-12 and it took 2 weeks for the doctor to discharge me from EPU. I was bleeding on and off for nearly 3 months and it was a horrible experience...

I found out im pregnant on friday 16 march and was diagnosed with another ectopic on monday 18th... it’s a different side and hcg levels are a bit higher this time 514-592. Doctor recommened that once this is all over to do laparoscopy to check whether my tubes are blocked. With this ectopic preg they again recommened wait and see. But... i am thinking if i have to go through laparoscopy why not do it now? I have my appointment this Friday and i will ask more questions.

Has anyone had laparoscopy where pregnancy was removed but not the tube? How was your experience?

Thank you all for your comments and I have all of you in my thoughts, such a horrible experience.. xx

Sah511

Re: Treatment options 2nd ectopic

Post by Sah511 »

I had surgery at the end of January and luckily they did not remove the tube, Iv lost 3, one suspected ectopic which was treated with methotrexate, a miscarriage and another ectopic. They have said to wait three months before trying again but I’m too scared to!!! X

Domdom123

Post by Domdom123 »

Hi Sah!! Sorry to hear it happened to u three times ...hang in there!! Xx

My two ectopics are resolving itself no treatment necessary, however my doctor want to do laparoscopy after 3 months to check if there is any blockage in any of the tubes and if thats the case she wants to remove both tubes!!!!! She did not offer any other treatment im shocked!!!! I had so many scans after my first one and noone mentioned removing my tubes im so scared and shocked

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

If you’re with the nhs, you’re entitled to seek a second opinion. Part of my ongoing journey is getting used to asking for more or different treatment etc. We are so used to a doctor TELLING us what will happen. As having both tubes removed is so final, if it were me - and I am no expert - I would at least ask for a second opinion, and also see if there are any treatments even if with lower success rates that could treat any blockage.

It’s your right to ask so don’t feel bad. It’s hard to advocate in the face of ‘expertise’ but medicine is an art rather than a science and this is YOUR body.

X