By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2nd Pregnancy pains

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Nutting2018

2nd Pregnancy pains

Post by Nutting2018 »

Hi there, this is my first post and I have to say I’m so glad this forum exists as it’s helped me answer so many questions except one
I had an eptopic pregnancy in December last year, it had ruptured and I was bleeding internally. I was rushed for emergency surgery and had my left tube removed. I was told everything else was healthy.
Two days ago I found out I was pregnant again and I’m only 2-3 weeks. But I still have pain where my tube removed. It’s really painful at times. Is this normal? I have made a doctors appointment for a few weeks time, I called the EPU and they have told me I need to be referred for a early scan. I’m so worried. Surely there is nothing there for it to hurt. Does anyone else still experience this, when they became pregnant again? I get it when I had my period as well
Thanks in advance for any advice x

EctopicPUL

Re: 2nd Pregnancy pains

Post by EctopicPUL »

Apparently it’s not uncommon to get pain where tubes were removed and even on the opposite side. I’ve got pains now on the ‘good’ side which is bizarre. Congratulations. Remember 90% chance everything is absolutely fine. The odds are well I your favour. Even early on the womb is stretching and changing.

Get in for a scan as soon as possible, as much for safety as to alay your fears X

Nutting2018

Post by Nutting2018 »

Thank you. I will definitely get in for the scan as soon as possible.
I haven’t felt pain on the good side. In a nice way I’m so glad people on here understand. When you tell people you have pains they never know what to say.
Thanks again

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I know. I didn’t have surgery and I’m 3 months down the line and got a gynae referral bc still have a variety of weird pains which get worse n better but don’t go. Even the GP just shrugs lol

I think it’s probably all normal but no one talks about it. The focus is on saving your life or avoiding rupture etc but then it’s like... meh, gooooood luck! Quality of life Stuff and just Confusing things don’t warrant the research!

X