By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Resolving Eptopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
AimzyLee

Resolving Eptopic

Post by AimzyLee »

Hi I’m new here and I guess I’m just trying to find some answers or st least try and process what’s happening to me.
Thursday afternoon I started spotting again (I had this two weeks prior) the first time doctors said to monitor it and continue to take pregnancy tests, it stopped after one day and everything was fine and digital said 3+ so all was good. Then Thursday I started spotting brown blood again which change to bright red, it wasn’t filling pads it was only when I wiped so I rang the doctor again and he referred me to EPU that did a scan Saturday morning. They confirmed no pregnancy in the womb (I should be around 8 weeks) so she did an internal and immediately said I’m so sorry it’s eptopic, next minute doctors rush in tell me there’s a mass on my right tube and it has ruptured but I was so confused as I was in no crazy amounts of pain, they put two canulars in and said I was being prepped for surgery. I rang my husband and they said get him here right away but you will most likely be in theatre.
I get given a bed and they start checking my stats every 30 mins, doctors keep coming in and out saying I’m going to theatre but not sure what time. I’m nil by mouth and on fluids just waiting and waiting, I signed papers to cremate the fetus I saw a anethetist and signed more papers and then 9pm arrives (I was there from 8:45am) and they say they aren’t going to do surgery today that they’ll monitor me overnight an someone will bring me food. No one brought me food and by 10pm I was drained it was complete panic stations to being left on my own in a hospital bed no knowing what was going on.
Next morning I’m told they are going to monitor it conservatively by my bloods and I can go home, I was so confused I asked why I’d been put through all that and told it had ruptured and all I got was sometimes these things can resolve themselves.
So my hormones were 814 on Saturday and Monday dropped to 400 so they said they’d do bloods Friday but any pain to go back, I’m terrified I can’t sleep I’m sat waiting at home not knowing what’s normal and what isn’t! I stopped bleeding but now it’s started again just brown stuff and I’m terrified my hormones going up because I’m not bleeding, Iv been given no info other than it’s a resolving eptopic and to have a low pain threshold so to rush back to a&e if I’m in any pain, but I’m so on edge and anxiety through the roof that any niggle I’m having I’m scared stupid!
I know this sounds awful but I’d rather just bleed and then I can grieve and understand that my body is loosing my baby but instead this doesn’t feel like it’s happening and I can’t get my head round it, my husbands carrying on like nothings happening because I’m not in pain and hormones have dropped and I just feel completely alone with this anxiety of not knowing what my body is doing :( has anyone else had a resolving eptopic and what did you body do? I don’t know what’s normal and what isn’t, sorry for my essay xxx

EctopicPUL

Re: Resolving Eptopic

Post by EctopicPUL »

Hey,

You will be okay though it feels awful now. I had a resolving ectopic. It took approximately 8 weeks. By the time I was seen by the EPAU my hcg was 345 and I’d lost lots of pregnancy symptoms so mine had been a lot higher before. It went up and down up and down. It took 7 or 8 weeks.

It felt like [heck], surgery booked and cancelled etc but I’m now pleased I didn’t have intervention. Don’t be shocked if it does temporarily go up again, it’s not unusual but I wish I had known it advance as I just assumed it would be a straight line to 0.

You will be okay though. I had persistent but not heavy bleeding. On one occasion I passed a decidual cast which is the womb lining - I assumed this was passing the pregnancy so was surprised when my hcg then rose.

Stay strong. Watch Netflix and be kind to yourself xx

baibab

Re: Resolving Eptopic

Post by baibab »

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know it is scary especially that you to not have any obvious pain or bleeding.

I was diagnosed with ectopic in the beginning of November 2018 and it took us till 29th of December to get my hormonal levels to 0. I did not had any pain and sometimes I really wished that I did. It was only in my mind all that time that my baby is dying inside me very very slowly. Even my pregnancy symptoms didn't want to disappear for long time and it was so hard to see my body to hang on to pregnancy for so long.

The only thing I noticed, was very severe memory loss. I could not remember so many things like even what I had for dinner day before. Maybe that was one way that my body was coping with loss.

Stay strong. Even if you do not have physical pain, you have enough pain in your heart and that is a lot already.