By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnancy chances after Ectopic and miscarriage. Please help

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Dolly86

Pregnancy chances after Ectopic and miscarriage. Please help

Post by Dolly86 »

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked but my story is a little complicated. Please bare with me it's complicated. I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in April 2010 when i was 5 weeks. There were no symptoms before hand just ruptured one day and it all went down hill pretty quick. Suppose I can say I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the hospital acting so fast. I had quite bad anxiety afterwards as I felt if the most natural thing in the world could almost kill me then what else could happen? Fast forward some years and I fell pregnant in April 2017. It wasn't planned, but it was so loved and wanted. This is where it gets tricky. I had came off the pill and stopped smoking some weeks before and this was due to me having pre cancerous cells in my cervix (read pill and smoking were risk factors) and it was pretty severe so was going in for the cold coagulation treatment (best treatment for me as not having had any kids). I got my period on the Sunday (sorry tmi) only lasted couple of days, so by the Friday there was no bleeding. My partner and I decided to make up for all lost time were going to miss out on after my treatment (no sex for 4 weeks) which was on the Sunday. i thought due to the fact I was still on period week I would be safe. Stupid and naive I know. I got pregnant that Friday. I had the treatment on the Sunday (probably when sperm was meeting egg) and found out 9 days later I was pregnant. My doctor signed me off work straight away due to my previous rupture and the fact that I'd had treatment during conception, and she wasn't sure how it would pan out. Luckily, the baby was in right place and i seen heart beat at 6 weeks. I was in love and was sure it was a miracle. Deep down though I worried that I'd released an egg on same week as period. I had another scan at 8w4d and heartbeat healthy. At my 12 week scan (was actually 14 weeks by time i got it) the worst news, I'd had a missed miscarriage. The baby had died at 8w5d. So one day after my last scan :( It was heartbreaking. I had to have medical management as had been in there for 6 weeks and still not naturally came away. I had the pills and went home. Sorry about this but after 2 days I could still feel something inside and wouldn't come out. I was trying to pull it but it appeared stuck. I was pulling off bits of tissue. It became so distressing I had to go to hospital where they saw the baby attached to my cervix, and had to 'rip' it off. This alone will never leave me. More drama was to follow. From July to december I had continuous positive pregnancy tests. It wasn't a new pregnancy It was HCG from miscarriage. i was at EPAS several times and they confirmed it was positive on urine test but negative on blood? They were confused and admitted they had no idea what was going on but everything else appeared fine. Since my miscarriage I've had terrible ovulation pains which have landed me in hospital twice and I haven't been able to get pregnant since. it's been two years since i fell pregnant. I'm starting to worry something is really wrong with me? And the biggest question I really want to know is does it matter if you only have one tube, can it really pick up the egg from 'tubeless' side? Thanks so much in advance and so sorry it's so long :( xxxxx

EctopicPUL

Re: Pregnancy chances after Ectopic and miscarriage. Please

Post by EctopicPUL »

Interesting you have severe ovulation pains too. I’m getting these and am under gynae investigation. Have they ever given you an explanation of what’s happening inside? I’d like to know.

Really sorry for your losses.

Dolly86

Post by Dolly86 »

Not really, they just said some women find it really painful. Although considering i never had them before I'm sure there must be a reason for it? Thank you.

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Same. I’ve had this on both sides since ectopic and have been offered medical menopause to confirm it (which I’ve declined)