By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First period after methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
dwinky95

First period after methotrexate

Post by dwinky95 »

Hi Everyone.
So I had my methotrexate shot on 12th Feb. My levels got down to 24 on the 25th March so the hospital said I didn't have to go back for more blood test as it's at a safe level and will just continue to drop now.
My first question is... anyone who has had methotrexate when did you get your first period afterwards? (I was bleeding from 27th January until the 22nd march).
My second question is... Myself and my partner have been using protection due to the methotrexate and know the risks if I was to get pregnant within the 3 months, but there was an issue with condom and it split :shock: so how I'm a bit worried of what if I have been unlucky/lucky however you look at it and I get pregnant again because of this. Because obviously I haven't had a period and dont know when to expect it and dont know whether it's worth doing a test in the next week or 2 as I dont know if/when my levels actually got down to 0. Am i just being paranoid by worrying about the chance that i have gotten pregnant again?
Any advice or anything that may stop me worrying would be appreciated :|

EctopicPUL

Re: First period after methotrexate

Post by EctopicPUL »

Chances are slim of being pregnant but you can definitely ovulate before your hcg reaches 0. Whilst not recommended, certainly on other boards people have safely conceived without waiting the 3mths but of course not ideal. Test in a couple of weeks and see where you’re at

Buddy071

Post by Buddy071 »

Hi there. I had my methotrexate jabs on 20th Feb and my first period on 1st April. But I only bled for a day or two after my jabs (not sure if that makes a difference). And I guess doing a pregnancy test would be a good idea if for no other reason that to stop you driving yourself crazy thinking about it. Good luck with everything x

dwinky95

Post by dwinky95 »

Thank you. Yeah I was bleeding for ages! I had a solid 2 months of bleeding, including before I had the injection. Was a nightmare. I've done one which was negative, but I've been getting little symptoms since, like I've been sick the last few mornings but hoping I've just caught something which is causing that. I'll do another test in a few more weeks and see what happens x