By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heterocopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Karlie

Heterocopic pregnancy

Post by Karlie »

Hello my names karlie and I’ve just joined today. I’m 5 weeks pregnant. I’m in recovery from having a heterotopic pregnancy. They removed my right Fallopian tube after one of my twins settled there and caused my tube to rupture with severe internal bleeding. The other twin made it to the correct place and the surgeons are hoping for that one to survive. I have a scan in one week to check if baby is still alive. I conceived naturally after only trying for very short time. I’m 35. Any information or stories of success would be of comfort right now on the survival of my remaining baby, it’s been a very emotional time. Thank you for reading.

EPT Host 20

Re: Heterocopic pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Karlie,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and I am sending positive thoughts for your next scan.
Although this maybe difficult to read, I have copied information from our website
Heterotopic pregnancy is rare, it is possible to have a twin pregnancy and for one embryo to implant in the uterus and another elsewhere. It is possible for the co-existing intrauterine twin to survive in approximately 30% of diagnosed cases of heterotopic pregnancy, despite the woman being treated surgically for the condition.
Keep those positive thoughts going,
Sending you much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

keep_positive

Post by keep_positive »

Hi Karlie

I had a heterotopic pregnancy 2 years ago and carried the surviving baby successfully after surgery to remove left fallopian tube. It's a nervous time and probably will feel like a longer pregnancy as everyone know so early rather than after 12 weeks. Fingers crossed for you.

Ka414

Post by Ka414 »

Hi Karlie,

In December of 2018, I had an ectopic pregnancy and they didn’t know it was heterotopic until 1 month later when I was still feeling pregnancy systems. I took a pregnancy test and it was still positive one month post surgery. I had the ectopic at 4 weeks. There was “to much blood” for them to do an internal scan and baby wasn’t showing on ultra sound. 9 weeks later I had blood work and US and found out there was another viable heart beat. I am now 28 weeks pregnant and baby is healthy!!! Keep your heads high and good spirits all around. Positive energy and good vibes go a long way for the heart, mind and body. Thoughts and good vibes your way!!