By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Is it another ectopic?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
kellync

Is it another ectopic?

Post by kellync »

Hi I had an ectopic last October and lost right tube. Last month a week before period was during I got sharp pains in my left side but I had a bleed a day before period was due. It was an unusual period and only lasted three days but the doctor was happy it was a period and was happy my pregnancy test was negative. This month the pain continued, eased off mid cycle and now has come back with a vengeance. My period is a day late, I've been having period cramps and lots of gas with some constipation (wouldn't really be too unusual for me) for the last week. The pain in my left side changes from a period cramps to a twinge and moves down the pelvis and sometimes into my leg. Temperature is normal. Pregnancy tests are negative but no sign of my period . I also get the occasional sharp pain and twinge in the sode where I have no tube but it concentrrates the most on the left side and around my back. Would I definitely get a positive test if I had an ectopic and is it unlikely it's from the last cycle? I'm very anxious about this. Going to see my doc in the morning to request a blood test.

Arbf1

Re: Is it another ectopic?

Post by Arbf1 »

So sorry you're going through this, I've no experience of this exact situation really but wanted to wish you well. I do wonder if test would always show positive too as two months before my ectopic my period was 4/5 days late. I know as it was the first month we officially tried and we BDed alot then. It was unusual that my cycle was longer as had been tracking for over a year and had never happened before. I took 2 tests a few days apart and both were negative. I used [Brand Name not allowed] and they're so sensitive. I then got my period was bit more painful than normal but other than that didn't notice anything different that I recall now. I thought maybe it was anxious ness or excitement about starting TTC at the time that delayed it but I have thought about it since. Fast forward 2 months (March) and I had an ectopic with a positive test and pregnancy symptoms day before period due. I didn't mention in hosp as that test was negative and suppose had so much else to consider at time. If anyone from trust can comment be great though. Sending positive thoughts and wishes to the OP.

Arbf1

Post by Arbf1 »

I forgot to say I felt some discomfort both times but can't recall if were in anyway similar. My ectopic was discovered after a slight loss of blood at 5weeks 5 days. I'm still very aware of every little thing that occurs in my body after my experience so perhaps the poster here is too.

kellync

Post by kellync »

To arbf1 thanks so much for your reply. I was so worried I went for bloods and ultrasound today. Doesn't rule it out completely but hcg was still negative so it's all good for the moment.
I've heard such mixed reviews of the urine sample being negative as the placenta doesn't form as normal in ectopic but I don't know how accurate this information is. Hopefully a successful pregnancy will happen soon and all will be well.
Thanks again for your post and I hope you're getting on ok after your loss which I was sorry to hear about

Arbf1

Post by Arbf1 »

Glad Hcg negative for your sake Kellync as wouldn't wish the worry of ectopic on my worst enemy. Hopefully we will both have our babies in our arms one day not too far away. Did you go through any follow up testing after your first ectopic? I haven't but doctor seems content for me to proceed without so hoping it was just one of those terribly unfortunate things and that next time will be ok. Wishing you good health and the best for your future.

kellync

Post by kellync »

No I didn't go through any tests but some scans now showing I may have a problem so going to follow them up. I'm wishing u all the best for a healthy and full term pregnancy very soon. Thanks so much for replying to me also.