By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

In Hospital!! 2nd ectopic in ovary! Need advise!!!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Suruh18

In Hospital!! 2nd ectopic in ovary! Need advise!!!

Post by Suruh18 »

I am currently in hospital, with my 2nd ectopic. I was informed yesterday after my scan and bloods that a small sack could be seen in my womb but also that my left ovary was enlarged ( where my burning and throbbing sensation is).
At 9pm last night I was admitted to the ward and told I would get bloods repeated after 48hrs. Less than two years ago I nearly lost my life due to a rupture that was caught too late despite several trips to a and e! I was left to the point I lost my tube.
Dr’s are saying they will keep a close eye on me but as my blood pressure is fine and I’m not detororting (yet) they will wait for my bloods again tomorrow.
I am in discomfort and was told by the registra that my bcg levels are high and they would have seen more than the sack in my womb and they do believe that the ovary is where the pregnancy is sitting!
So why can’t they do something now?
I don’t know wether I should be demanding to be taken to theatre!
I can feel the bulge I can feel the burning and my chest and back ache.
Advise would be really appreciated as I know survey is not something to take lightly but it’s my life and I’m struggling with my gut instincts and what I’m being told!
Would love to know if anyone has any similar experience and what they did x

stephanie_b

Re: In Hospital!! 2nd ectopic in ovary! Need advise!!!

Post by stephanie_b »

Hi There

Our stories are not the same but you could say similar. (You can read mine on here if you like).

Being in the hospital is the best place as at the moment you are in such a critical time and you want the best case quickly once you know what they are planning on doing with you.

I know it can be frustrating and you want answers and action ASAP especially because of what you experienced last time.

Go with your gut (I always do) but also give them the chance to see what is exactly going on.

I have had a right nightmare with the hospital but I have to keep giving them the chance to do the best thing.

I am two weeks post of for an ovarian ectopic and today my HCG has risen following todays bloods so I have to go back tomorrow so they can decide if there is pregnancy tissue still growing and if I now need an injection.

I’m in turmoil as part of me is secretly hoping there was a second baby in the right place who was hiding and is growing and that’s why my pregnancy hormones is increasing.

I don’t think I can cope with any more upset and the thought of tissue still growing and having to have the injection or potentially another op is mind blowing.

As if losing my baby and having an ectopic in the first place is not bad enough.

Not sure if I have helped but having someone to talk to helps us all.

Good luck!! I hope you get sorted ASAP.

You never know you may have a baby in the womb who is just to small to see yet xxx

EctopicPUL

Re: In Hospital!! 2nd ectopic in ovary! Need advise!!!

Post by EctopicPUL »

Thinking of you both. Whatever happens you WILL get through it, just it hour by hour if you need to. You’re gonna get through this and it won’t always feel so awful/raw/anxiety provoking.

I didn’t have surgery but I totally know the feeling when you think it’s all over then hcg goes up. You feel like you’re at the end of a marathon and they move the end gates another 50 miles. But you’re gonna get through this.

Xxx