By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Rising HCG am I pregnant ?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lara aherne

Rising HCG am I pregnant ?

Post by Lara aherne »

Hi everyone
So I was 6 weeks post surgery where they removed my ectopic pregnancy and left tube. There was no sign of my period and so I decided to take a pregnancy test in the hope that my period would come soon. It said pregnant. I left it 2 days and then did a clear blue digital which said pregnant 2/3. Left it 6 more days and then did another one saying pregnant 3+ indicating an increase in my hcg. Is it possible to still have increasing levels 8 weeks post surgery ?

stephanie_b

Re: Rising HCG am I pregnant ?

Post by stephanie_b »

Hi There

I have just returned from the early pregnancy unit as I had to have the methotrexate injection today because my HCG level was increasing following surgery.

I had my ectopic surgery 3 weeks ago, I had an ovarian ectopic and was so lucky to keep both my ovary and tube but it seems there has been some persistent pregnancy tissue/cells left behind which has resulted in my HCG rising instead of going down.

My levels did decrease the first and second week but since yesterday compared to last week they had doubled and today had increased again.

They gave me the injection to help break down the rest of the cells in the hope it’ll reduce my HCG to where it’s meant to be.

I had another scan today as they had to check there was not a secondary pregnancy or another missed ectopic but all looked ok so just went with the injection.

Have you had your bloods done since your op or had a follow up appointment?

Might be worth you asking them to check you over etc.

Hope my reply helps xxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lara aherne,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Following ectopic pregnancy, it can take a few weeks for hCG levels to fall to non pregnant levels, which may explain your positive pregnancy test.
Your surgery was a just over a month ago and it maybe possible that urine pregnancy test kits are still showing hCG from ectopic pregnancy. However, as I am not medically trained I would advise speaking to your GP about having blood hCG tests to monitor your levels more accurately.
Although I do not wish to alarm you, I would like to gently remind you to seek urgent medical attention if you experience any unusual bleeding/pain/increased body temperature.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Lara aherne

Post by Lara aherne »

Hi girls
Just a little update. Went to the EPU today and there it was confirmed. I'm pregnant. The little bean is in the right place with a heartbeat measuring at 6 weeks and 2 days. So I must have ovulated 3 weeks after surgery. Which I guess is normal and also extremely lucky . Feeling totally shocked, overwhelmed but so happy. We have everything crossed that this little baby is here to stay. Thanks for all your replies x

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Hey

I did wonder but didn’t want to say. I was PMing with 2 other people for whom that happened but I didn’t want to give false hope! Congratulations X

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lara,
Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you so much for taking the time to update us and giving hope to so many.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

stephanie_b

Post by stephanie_b »

This is fabulous news after such sad news!!!

Congratulations and wishing you lots of luck xxx