By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic pregnancy? Pseudosac? HELP!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Anxiouslywaiting89

Ectopic pregnancy? Pseudosac? HELP!

Post by Anxiouslywaiting89 »

Hello all! Panicking here. I have had my copper coil for 2 years+. But I missed my period last month - got the shock of my life when I took a test and it was positive last week. Went for a scan and there was a sac but no baby or yolk. So I had my bloods taken Saturday. Guessing 7+5. I was told today ( at my second blood test ) the hcg levels were 40,260!! Nurse said they are not matching up- saying I must be further along. I asked what are the possible outcomes and she said that I will likely miscarry ( the sac ) OR I will have to have surgery / termination. But it’s more likely the next set of bloods will reveal lower levels of hcg. Then, I got a phone call 3 hours after my blood test saying my hcg levels are now at 46,000 and I have to wait until wendnesday for a scan. WELP! Any insight? Thank you in advance, very very anxious. Sorry for the rambling !!!

Blessed

Re: Ectopic pregnancy? Pseudosac? HELP!

Post by Blessed »

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through, most likely it’s is an ectopic pregnancy. I read about iuds causing ectopic pregnancies as rare, but never heard of. Case. I also read that ectopic pregnancies happened in 1% of women, never occurred to me I could be in that percentage. This period is very tough, and you need all the strength u can gather. My prayers are with you and hope that all goes well. Have a loved one with you when you go for that ultrasound, even when u meeet your doctor to discuss outcomes, trust me, u need someone in this trying moment. Where there is life , there is hope. Am just glad I managed to put that behind me after the surgery, but it almost broke me. . You are not alone in this.

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Yeah I had a sac seen but it’s a false one in ectopic. Sorry you’re going through this scary time X

Anxiouslywaiting89

Blessed wrote:I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through, most likely it’s is an ectopic pregnancy. I read about iuds causing ectopic pregnancies as rare, but never heard of. Case. I also read that ectopic pregnancies happened in 1% of women, never occurred to me I could be in that percentage. This period is very tough, and you need all the strength u can gather. My prayers are with you and hope that all goes well. Have a loved one with you when you go for that ultrasound, even when u meeet your doctor to discuss outcomes, trust me, u need someone in this trying moment. Where there is life , there is hope. Am just glad I managed to put that behind me after the surgery, but it almost broke me. . You are not alone in this.

Ahhh thank you so much for your reply!!! I wasn’t expecting any! Tomorrow is the day. I am like a bag of nerves - I can’t even eat. I will let you know what happens !! Thank you so much for your kind words xx

Anxiouslywaiting89

EctopicPUL wrote:Yeah I had a sac seen but it’s a false one in ectopic. Sorry you’re going through this scary time X
It’s the uncertainty that has got me on edge!! Thank you so much for replying - as I said previously I wasn’t expecting any !! It’s nice to have that support x

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Good luck!

Remember you will get through this. If you’re prepping for surgery as a possibility get your bag packed. The board is full of lovely people who will be waiting to hear from you. We’ve all been there! Also the helpline is fab if you feel you’re going cuckoo with stress xx

Anxiouslywaiting89

EctopicPUL wrote:Good luck!

Remember you will get through this. If you’re prepping for surgery as a possibility get your bag packed. The board is full of lovely people who will be waiting to hear from you. We’ve all been there! Also the helpline is fab if you feel you’re going cuckoo with stress xx

Ahhh thank you! I have tears in my eyes ! I feel totally alone but maybe not so much now x I will pack a few things just in case !!

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Yeah pack some things. Hopefully you don’t need them but for me I found it unsettling to be told I was having surgery (it was then cancelled!) suddenly my brain was bothered about whether I had PJs and clean pants lol it’s amazing the things you can fixate on. Anything that can make you feel at home / in control- phone charger, toothbrush, and nightdress or PJs.

Whilst the physical stuff is going on I think the brain focuses on that but the trust and other people are always a listening ear.

Hope you get some sleep! X

Anxiouslywaiting89

So - they didn’t really tell me much at all. Apart from my tubes / ovaries are clear and i saw a big wig consultant and she said she is confident this is a ‘ pregnancy ‘ in the right place due to there being a white shadow around it. Also she saw a fetal pole ? Which wasn’t seen before. I had another blood test and I was told I will likely miscarry in a few days and if not I have another internal next week Thursday. My hcg levels were at 43,000 - when I got home I got a call saying they were now at 55,000 !!!! And I was told I have to wait for next weeks scan. What does this even mean???? The consultant said she was confident my hcg levels would drop but she never mentioned what would happen if they didn’t??! Thank you for all your support !! More waiting for me. Meh.