By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

16 day cycle first time ever? Can anyone help?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Shanean

16 day cycle first time ever? Can anyone help?

Post by Shanean »

Hi,

This is my first time ever posting on a forum. I am driving my self insane with Google and feel I know what the Dr will say. My friend is a gyne nurse and directed me to this site. So hear goes!

We had an ectopic last Feb (2018) resulting in emergency surgery to remove ruptured fallopian tube. We decided to go back on the pill for a while. The pill turned me into a raging monster and couldn't stand my other half any where near me! Back full of acne spots and just generally not a nice person. Came off the pill In Sep and have been trying to conceive ever since to no avail! Now, I know it hasn't been a full year which i know is the recommended time before intervention. However the thing that has worried me is on Saturday which was 16 days since my last period. I started with brown/light pink spotting. I stupidly got over excited thinking this was implantation bleeding. It stopped at started and again the next day. Woke up Monday morning to a full period :cry: has been slightly heavier then normal. Period pains seemed to be worse last night. The bleeding has now just about stopped. Why the 16 day cycle?? In 22 years of having periods I have always, always been as regular as clockwork inbetween 22-26 days every month. Has any one else exoerienced this? My nurse friend saud to go the gp if worried or it could be just due to stress! We are so desperate for another child, as is our 7 year old daughter! I'm 33 this year and my oh will be 36 so we know time is running out also.

Sorry for the long post but I just feel so sad and confused at the moment and would love to hear some other perspectives!!

Xxx

EPT Host 20

Re: 16 day cycle first time ever? Can anyone help?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Shanean,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Doctors normally consider menstrual cycles of between 23-42 days to be within normal parameters. If you continue to experience unusual bleeding or worsening pain, I would speak to your GP.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Claire88

Re: 16 day cycle first time ever? Can anyone help?

Post by Claire88 »

Hi my sweet

I had a eptopic 2 years ago I also lost a tube and for 6 months my periods were all over the place as it’s trying to get back into sync.

I would say reduce the pressure of getting pregnant but I understand how you feel I tried for 2 years and I only just learnt that I wasn’t ovulation properly

I once had a period that lasted 2 weeks so you doing well I would say before trying again wait until your in a normal period zone ok the check that everything if wking
The way it should be and if it’s not it’s normal mine was due to the trauma so it will sort it out

I’ve only joined the group yesterday as I’m trying again and my worried it will happen again

Everything will be fine just deep breath no one can really understand unless you been through it x