By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

How long after can I fly?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Han_85

How long after can I fly?

Post by Han_85 »

On the 2nd of May, found out I had ectopic pregnancy and they had to operate that day due to my levels in my blood. They did it just in time it was about to burst, I was told the next day, the op went well and done through keyhole. Stomach getting loads easier but still random breakdown in tears at times, feel a get away will be great. We have got a holiday booked for Turkey the end of June. This will be a 4 hour flight for us, will I be allowed to fly? In hospital I got lots of information at the same time and all remember of time scales is being told can take up to 6 weeks. (This was first pregnancy and only time told was pregnant was time told it was ectopic and needed to operate that day) We are due to fly out for last week of June which is about 7 weeks after the operation. Should I be ok to fly or does it need to be longer inbetween?

EctopicPUL

Re: How long after can I fly?

Post by EctopicPUL »

I didn’t have surgery but was okay to fly when my hcg hit 70s with consistent drops.

Not sure about post surgery wise.

Hang in there. The hormones/emotions are a bit crazy but you will come through

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Han_85,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I would discuss this with your GP, who has access to your notes and can review you if needed, although I do not see a reason why it would be an issue if you have been discharged from hospital and you are recovering well.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Kate_bs

Post by Kate_bs »

Hi Han,

I had surgery a week ago and I’m in the same boat as I’m due to fly to Spain in a month’s time for my friend’s wedding. I am really trying my best to rest well and do all the things I’m supposed to so I can be better for it, as like you I could really do with the break!

When I asked the hosp they said I might just have to wear my compression stockings on the plane as a precaution - sexy! Also said make sure I have good travel insurance on the off chance I had any issues.

Fingers crossed we’re both recovered by then - I’m taking it day by day but usually find I’m a lot more emotional and physically drained in the evening vs the morning. It is so hard but also surprised how much I am recovering each day.

Sending you lots of love x

Ejwmama

Post by Ejwmama »

Hi Han_85,

My doctor informed me that as long as your hcg level is below 2 you are safe to fly. Since you had the surgery to remove your EP, your hcg levels should be very low if not 0. Are you checking your hcg levels?

I am patiently waiting for my EP to resolve on it's own. It has been almost 3 weeks since I found out. We have a trip to France at the end of June and I am hoping my hcg levels get to 2 by then. Hoping both you and I get to go on our planned trip! :)

Shell_624

Post by Shell_624 »

Hi

I flew to Turkey exactly 1 week after my op. Surgeons wasnt so keen but I contacted my insurers and with it being pregnancy related they were fine with me to travel without any doctors letters. They said I would be covered if needed. Wear your flight socks and stay hydrated. Really important that you chill out, I think a weeks holiday did me the world of good xxxx