By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Complications after Surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sammy 10

Complications after Surgery

Post by Sammy 10 »

Evening all. I’m just wondering if anyone has gone through something similar to me and could shed some light. I’m so confused and worried now.

I had emergency surgery nearly 4 weeks ago now for a ruptured Fallopian tube. I had the mirena coil so this was a huge shock when my bloods came back positive for pregnancy. Anyway, I had the surgery and they showed me the so called “fetus” after. Yesterday a nurse rang me to say I needed to do another pregnancy test because no DNA was found in whatever they had removed?? I did a test which was negative to mine and the hospitals relief. She said it must have absorbed into my body? If so what was that they showed me after my op? Has anyone had a similar experience?

It’s been a rough couple weeks, I have negative blood so always have had anti-d injections for my three children but it was missed this time and I didn’t receive it until over a week after the op. It wasn’t until they couldn’t stop apologising that I looked into it and seen how serious it could be to my next pregnancy. Then my wounds got infected which made me quite poorly, then I get this phone call, it feels like it’s never going to end.

Sammy. X

Kate32

Re: Complications after Surgery

Post by Kate32 »

Hi Sammy,
Sorry to hear about your experience. This is so hard as it is without all the additional worries you have added on top. I hope you start to feel better soon.
I was just wondering about the anti-d as I also have negative blood and has injections with my daughter previously. However this time it did not enter my mind to ask with the worry of the everything else. Would I have needed to have another anti-d after surgery?
Thanks
Kate xx

Sammy 10

Post by Sammy 10 »

Hi Kate. I’m not really sure as I didn’t think about it either. I had my right tube removed and was internally bleeding so maybe this is why I had to have it? I’m not sure. But they rang me a week later to say that I needed it and was opening a full investigation as to why it was missed. I would ring the hospital or your GP ASAP and explain you’ve had it before and ask why you didn’t receive it this time, as in future pregnancies it can cause complications from what I understand. How long ago did you have your surgery Kate? X

Kate32

Post by Kate32 »

Hi Sammy,
I had my surgery 5 weeks ago and also had a ruptured right tube therefore had it removed. I have spoke to the GP today who said they agreed I should have had it but had no answers. Had to call the hospital who got someone to look at my notes and call me back. Apparently they don't give it if you were under 12 weeks as new policy. I was just over 7 weeks at time of surgery. So I don't really know much more to be honest.
Xx