By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Very little bleeding; is this normal?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Spainectopic

Very little bleeding; is this normal?

Post by Spainectopic »

I had the normal post surgery slight bleeding, then nothing, then very light bleeding for a few days. Now nothing again. I know it’s not a normal period after an ectopic is removed but this has been hardly anything and I’m 8 days post surgery. Anyone else had this experience?

Kate_bs

Re: Very little bleeding; is this normal?

Post by Kate_bs »

Hi there and sorry for your loss,

We must have had our surgeries at a similar time as I’m 8 days post surgery and have experienced something similar to you. I had the bleeding initially which I was told was the lining of the womb breaking down (which still develops despite the egg getting lost...), then it got a bit heavier and stopped completely a few days ago. I think it means your body has removed what was left in there and I suspect the hormones have also gone now.

Wishing you a speedy recovery - how are you feeling? X

Spainectopic

Post by Spainectopic »

Hi Kate,

It’s nice to hear from someone who’s experienced something similar. Physically I’m a bit better. Less tired and less pain. But one of my incisions looks a bit weird and still hurts when I move.
Mentally some days I’m fine, some I cry. Sometimes I’m impatient to get on with life. Sometimes I just want to hide away from the world. How are you? x

kimberlyrose_18

Post by kimberlyrose_18 »

I'm so sorry to both of you for your losses.

My experience is very similar to both of yours. Including the date. My surgery was May 7th and I've also had light bleeding since. But I think that's because I spotted some before we knew something was wrong (which I stupidly ignored because spotting is "normal"). Then the spotting got worse so I went to the hospital and was misdiagnosed as a miscarriage. Within a couple of days, my right fallopian tube ruptured. 5 days after rupture, my high pain tolerance finally was overcome, so I went back to the hospital. I had emergency exploratory surgery because they never found baby on ultrasound. This was my 4th pregnancy, 3rd loss, but the only ectopic. It's crazy how somewhere in this world, someone is feeling exactly what I am at exactly the same time. While I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone, it helps to know I'm not alone in my pain. Best of luck to you both and I hope you heal quickly.

Bella87

Post by Bella87 »

Hi, I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m also recovering from surgery after having my fourth ectopic pregnancy. Having gone through this four times I can say that every time has been different. I’ve also not had much bleeding this time and I did a test today that showed positive. It’s been almost 3 weeks since my surgery. I think it’s best that you go to your doctor for advice and maybe ask for them to do a blood test to check your hcg levels. I’m going for a blood test in the morning.
I see that you said one of your incisions looks weird - mine did too and started to look better after 10 days. But you can always get them checked by the nurse if you are concerned.
I’m a bit up and down at the moment too - some days I feel okay and other days I feel really down and cry. But we are not alone and it’s comforting that we can come on here and talk to people who are going through the same thing at the same time.
I wish you all a speedy recovery and I have hope that we will all get our babies one day xx

Spainectopic

Post by Spainectopic »

Hello ladies,

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. It’s a bad situation but good to feel like I’m not alone. Please keep posting and let me know what happens to you and how you feel.
I’m feeling better and doing a lot of walking as I’m not allowed to hit the gym yet. Keeping busy looking for a new house and a new job too. But still feeling tired and sometimes start crying for no reason! Going back to work on Thursday. Unsure about how I will cope as another effect of all these experiences is that I feel vulnerable. Fingers crossed x