By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic story...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Charholliehenry

Ectopic story...

Post by Charholliehenry »

Hey all I’m new too this , so here goes...
So 1st April I fount out I was pregnant after I missed a period but the lines were very faint so had to make sure by taking a few which all came back positive...
The next morning I had some bleeding which got heavier so I was very worried, went to the hospital and had to have blood test which showed my hcg level was at 54 , they thought I was possibly miscarriage, so I went home having to come back again for another blood test which showed my levels went up to 180, reapeating that again they went back down to 64 and then to 31 this was all in the space of 1 month , so they decided they wanted to scan me on the 11th may, which they fount a tiny ectopic, where my levels were so low already and the mass was so tiny they gave me the injection mx (which I had on Monday 13th may) told me I had to go back on the 4th day to get tested again which they said I could expect my levels to go up but then they look into going back on the 7th day which they then look for the levels to drop , it’s the 4th day for me today , I went for my blood tests this afternoon , I got my results back and shockingly my levels are 2.1 the non pregnant level... I was quite shocked how quickly the injection worked for me I don’t know whether it’s because my levels was so low already or I could of been already self resolving the ectopic , but it’s a huge weight lifted off my shoulders not forgetting the dark cloud still left over me with what has all happened, I’m waiting for a call tomorrow to see whether I need any more further tests but they don’t think I do...

(HCG LEVEL )
1st- 54
2nd - 180
3rd- 64
4th- 34 with injection
5th- 2.1

Thank you for taking your time to read

EPT Host 20

Re: Ectopic story...

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Charholliehenry,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
As we are all individual, our bodies respond differently to methotrexate and it depends on factors like how high levels reached and our unique physiology. It is encouraging that your levels have fallen so quickly. Just for your information, in terms of chances of future successful pregnancies, studies do not show a significant difference between treatment routes, whether surgical, medical using methotrexate or expectant management (allowing time for the body to resolve the pregnancy itself).

I hope you don't mind me mentioning, but as a gentle reminder following Methotrexate, you should wait until your hCG levels have fallen to below 5mIU/mL and then take a folic acid supplement for 12 weeks before you try to conceive.

Although your levels have fallen quickly, please do take care of yourself and allow time to grieve and to heal both physically and emotionally,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Charholliehenry

Re: Ectopic story...

Post by Charholliehenry »

UPDATE;

7th day blood test , hcg back down to 0.2