By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Bleeding TOO much???

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
TahoeQTBoarder

Bleeding TOO much???

Post by TahoeQTBoarder »

I recently underwent surgery for an ectopic pregnancy (about 4 -5 weeks ago) and am currently having my first menstrual cycle, however I'm wondering if the amount I am bleeding should be of concern. Yes I understand that periods are different... Ranging from lengths and heaviness.. Clotting... Etc. HOWEVER... For the past 6 days of this cycle I manage to soak super absorbency tampons AND a pad straight through to my underwear within an hour. I'm back at work where I'm on my feet all day and there is bending and all that and I wonder if that could contribute to this. I spoke with my doctors assistant and she told me that if it's "heavy" still in a few days to go back into the e.r. Am I bleeding TOO much and should go in ASAP or is drenching yourself every hour to two hours "normal"?? Any experiences and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!! :shock: :(

EctopicPUL

Re: Bleeding TOO much???

Post by EctopicPUL »

That is very heavy bleeding and I’d touch base with a medical professional. Usually the guidance is something like if you’re soaking 1 pad within 1-2hours and particularly if it’s persistant, to seek medical advice. If you’re worried but not panicking maybe try 111 non emergency line

I’m not a medical professional but I’d be concerned that this has lasted 6 days and would be calling for advice.

Also once it’s resolved I’d be looking at taking an iron supplement (taking with [dietary supplement] or orange juice) bc you don’t want to end up anaemic x

Zb1882

Re: Bleeding TOO much???

Post by Zb1882 »

If I’ve learned anything through this whole process, it’s that it is always always always better to be safe and check in with a doctor, not just for your physical health but for your own peace of mind. That’s what they’re there for! Hope you feel better soon