By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Looking for hope

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
gemb9

Looking for hope

Post by gemb9 »

Hello all,
Posting for first time as feeling really hopeless today. Last Tuesday I ended up having emergency surgery for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy, losing my right tube. This is following miscarriage surgery in January at 11wks (although they think baby stopped growing at about 5/6 weeks). I’m really struggling to come to terms with losing two babies in less than 6 months, and terrified that I will never have a child. I feel very alone and also angry, and struggling with no reasons as to why this has happened. I’m doing a bit better physically, but think the reality of it all is beginning to sink in. I was trying to focus on just being grateful to still be alive as it all happened so quickly, but the loss is really beginning to hit me as well as fear about the future. Just looking for some support and hope as right now can’t see a way through this. Thanks xxxxx

Woolens35

Re: Looking for hope

Post by Woolens35 »

I am so incredibly sorry for both your losses and in a short space of time. It will take time to process and grieve - be loving & kind to yourself.
I am 5 days post op for an ectopic and removal of my left tube & I had a miscarriage in November of last year. I have similar concerns and fears about conceiving in the future.
If it’s of any reassurance my surgeon told me that removal of a tube has minimal impact on you overall fertility. I also know of several people who had ectopic pregnancies that went on to have children.
Sending lots of strength and hugs to you. Remember you have experienced significant trauma in regards to your losses and both need to be grieved properly before you can regather your strength and focus. Take care.

gemb9

Post by gemb9 »

Thank you so much for your reply, and I am so sorry you have had similar losses. I was told the same by the consultant, and trying to hold on to that, but it’s tough not knowing what the future holds and having no guarantees. Feel like I can’t really face the feelings of loss and fear, so just shutting myself away. I know I need to give it time. Hope you are doing ok today xxxxxx

Bhakti

Post by Bhakti »

Hiya

I am so sorry for your losses. I’ve also lost two babies in 10 months. Both of mine were ectopic and I’ve had two surgeries. I also feel like it may never happen. Luckily both my ectopics were on the same side. I hope we all get our rainbow babies soon!

gemb9

Post by gemb9 »

Thank you and I’m so sorry for your losses. It is such a difficult time, I can’t really motivate myself to do anything. Trying hard to hold on to hope, and really do wish that you get your rainbow baby too. Take care xxxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear gemb9,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss. To experience one loss is difficult, to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
I too found that the emotional impact of everything hit once I'd been discharged from hospital and I was starting to physically recover.
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.
It is still very early days in your recovery, just take each day as it comes and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally. Your body needs time to heal from your surgery which is in itself a gruelling task.
You should take it very easily for about six weeks after surgery. Your body will be using its energies to heal internally. It is normal to feel physically and emotionally exhausted during this time and please do be kind to yourself. Recovery can take time and some days will be better than others, one day you maybe ok and the next you maybe in discomfort or more emotional. This is perfectly usual and the healing process will go back and forth in this way for however long you need. It is important to listen to your body's signals and pain and feeling tired are your body's signs to tell you to rest. We suggest keeping a healthy balanced diet, drinking lots of water and resting. Once your wounds have healed, very gentle exercise such as a short walk can help, but please do take this slowly.

We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love and gentle hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team