By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

I recently had surgery to remove my ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
JLivings

I recently had surgery to remove my ectopic pregnancy

Post by JLivings »

On the 17th of may I found out I was pregnant but they suspected it would be an ectopic pregnancy, so I go sent to the hospital had loads of scans and bloods, they saw the pregnancy sack in my womb but no pregnancy, the egg was stuck in my left fallopian tube, so it was a confirmed ectopic pregnancy. I spent all week off work in pain back and forth from the hospital, then the 28th of May I got rushed into hospital and had to stay for two nights, I got rushed into surgery on the 29th of May because my Fallopian tube had ruptured and I started bleeding into my abdomen and they had to remove my left tube and ovary, so I lost my pregnancy and I got sent home thursday 30th of May.
I feel like the hospital hasn’t emotionally supported me well enough and they have left me to my own devices to fend for myself, it took me a lot of encouragement from my boyfriend to go to the doctors to seek help for Councelling.
I have this one friend and a year ago she had an abortion, which is fair enough as that’s her decision. But when I found out I was pregnant she was saying to me “I wish I could have a baby but my boyfriend doesn’t want one” and it was making me feel like crap, then two days ago she said to me “i’ve Done a pregnancy test i’m Getting stomach cramps but still no blood” and shrugged her shoulders, I just burst out crying with pure and utter rage. Why doesn’t she understand I don’t want to talk about that sort of stuff with her, why does she feel the need to be so insensitive towards my situation by saying she wants to have a baby even though she chose to abort her baby and I didn’t even get to have a choice! I didn’t get to choose if I wanted this pregnancy or not, if I would of had a normal pregnancy I would of followed it through till the end, but I didn’t get to have a choice like she did, and I feel like she is rubbing it in my face just by saying she wants to have a baby and that she hasn’t come on her period. I didn’t even know I was pregnant and when I found out I really wanted it To be all okay. I just hate life, I hate myself and I hate my friend for being so insensitive. I feel like I need help, and I don’t know what to do anymore, I just stay in bed all the time.

EPT Host 22

Re: I recently had surgery to remove my ectopic pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi JLivings,

My heart desperately goes out to you. We are so sorry you have suffered so much and you are not alone - we are all here and will do our best to help you through as friends.

First, it's so important to know there is nothing you did to cause ectopic pregnancy, nor is there anything we can do to prevent one. This is not your fault. And I'm very sorry your friend's comments are not considerate of all you have just gone through. Ectopic pregnancy brings up a range of emotions, and you are allowed to be feeling as you do. There is no right timeline for recovery as we are each so unique, and during this time, it is so important to put yourself first and look after yourself. There is help available.

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, the whole of life can feel hopeless. I can understand how the pain is so unbearable that you want it to stop. For me, I found that writing in a journal did help to process the many elements. I found myself recalling elements of the hospital and recovery, and I found myself thinking about the family and friends who reached out with support. It helped me to get the words out of my head, and to eventually share with my partner and close friends.

We do have experience at supporting women and their families through ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage and are there for you if we can help with this. We are more than happy to talk with you on the email or telephone you and answer any questions you may have or simply listen about the horrible experience you have had to go through. (Please see the contact information in the signature below.)

Please know that we are here for you anytime - to ask questions, to share or just to vent.

With good wishes,

Michele

********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
******************************************************************************************