By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Left in the dark

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Wildchild100

Left in the dark

Post by Wildchild100 »

I am 7 days in after the trauma of finding out I had an EP and how I was bleeding internally and no idea.

The main emotion was sheer panic and being made to feel like I had a bomb attached to me..with an 8 year old son who knew nothing about what was going on.

After the OP to remove my right tube I was was discharged by a nurse who (after I asked :roll: ) read the surgeons notes it said they noted adhesions on my bowel and couldn't get a clear view of my left ovary and tube....now my son was c sec so I now understand where the adhesions came from.

My feeling if being left in the dark is 1) there was no indication of whether an adhesion was the cause of the EP 2) no indication of the adhesion being inside my remaining tube...

Surely if they thought this was the case they would be advising no more pregnancies? How can they just leave it there? Apparently our consultant doesn't support the dye test as can cause further issues..

To enable us to make a choice to continue for a child we could do with some actual facts but seems I'm just left to crack on and see what occurs? For such a life threatening risk.. it seems insane? Am I alone on this?

I am of course lucky to have a beautiful son who I treasure. My partner has 2 but we would like the chance to have our own child together but feel stupid to consider risking as nobody seems able to advise us? Thoughts? Thank you xx

EPT Host 22

Re: Left in the dark

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Wildchild100,

I am so sorry that you've had to suffer this ectopic pregnancy and loss. It is a physical and emotional trauma that can leave us with many questions and emotions.

I'm not medically qualified to provide you advise specifically on the adhesions or the consultant's determination on the dye test. I can say that having an ectopic pregnancy often leaves us searching for the answer to why, and it can be incredibly difficult when there is no clear answer. There is nothing that we do to cause ectopic pregnancy, nor anything we can do to prevent one.

One small piece of reassurance is that with any pregnancy going forward, you can self-refer into your local Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU) for an early scan at 6 weeks. This will help provide more information on the viability of the pregnancy at an earlier stage and have you being monitored by the EPU.

I have found that after leaving the hospital we are left with many questions, and recording these questions and booking in with your GP or consultant might help to provide more answers for your particular case. For some, you may want to consider second opinions as well.

Your experience is so recent. Please look after yourself and take it easy. We are here for anything you need, and these boards are filled with women and men who understand the experience you've just been through.

With good wishes,

Michele

********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
******************************************************************************************