By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Expectant management

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Batoul1994

Expectant management

Post by Batoul1994 »

Hi all,

Its great to have such a place so we can all share our experiences!

Last week i was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. My Hcg levels were at 413 ans have gone down to 385 only in 48 hours. I will have my 3rd blood test tomorrow. Im still shocked and I fear of falling into depression. This was our second child and we were looking forward even though wasnt planned. Now i am petrified it will happen again. All i can think about is when the time will come when We can try for a second. Never did i think such would happen to me ( naive I know). I havent been offered the injection, and have been told to decide between surgery and expectant management. We went for expectant management but I am not bleeding, no tummy pain, only back pain and feeling dizzy. I dont know how long i’ll be waiting for but its really stressing me out. Any ideas anyone? Its like living on edge because i dont know if my tube will rupture or not! I dont even know how long I should take off work!! Im falling into a huge mess and I want my life to be back to how it was :((

EctopicPUL

Re: Expectant management

Post by EctopicPUL »

Mine was about that level 2. Successfully expectantly managed. My hcg went up and down. Due to 48hr blood tests in a nearby city, I took a month off work. Never had huge bleeding but passed a decidual cast. It can work. This is the time for Netflix and chill though as it’s bloody stressful X

Batoul1994

Post by Batoul1994 »

Thank you so much! I am considering a month too now! I actually discharged something really big ( which was sent to the lab) but at the time I didn’t know what it was but now I am suspecting its a mass or desidual cast. How long after did you try for another baby ( if you did)?

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I haven’t tried (had some gynae issues and the ectopic was possibly caused by contraception so I wasn’t trying to conceive). It’s taken me 9 months to recover fully as I had some cysts and pains after.

I think other people try straight away though. Gynae s I saw said to wait a couple of months to let any inflammation go down

Batoul1994

Post by Batoul1994 »

Thanks so much! All the best and I hope it goes well for you!! We’ll see tomorrow whether HCG Goes down or up! X