By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Second Ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
marigoldx

Second Ectopic

Post by marigoldx »

I had my first EP on December 3, I was treated with two doses of methotrexate that day and was having my HCG levels monitored for weeks followed to ensure my hcg levels were dropping and to see that the medication had been effective. After tree weeks I thought I was in the clear--I was wrong.

On December 28th, I woke up with so much anxiety and stomach pain. I called my OB and told her what was going on, immediately she urged me to go to the nearest hospital - I was seen and told that I was experiencing a ruptured EP and had to go in to get emergency surgery. They told me that they would do their best to save my left tube but upon going in, they saw that wouldn't be possible. I rested, took a leave from work to let my body and mind heal and followed up with my doctor's. After everything was said and done I went to a follow up appointment with my doctor who gave me more info about my body after this EP. She said that because I have had one I was prone to this happening again. She recommended I wait 3 months before ttc again.

Fast forward to May of this year - I had gone four days with my period being late, something in me told me to take a pregnancy test and see if perhaps I was pregnant. My partner and I have been wanting a baby but were afraid to start trying again because of our past experience, so when I took the exam and saw the two sticks slowly appear I got really excited but remembered what my OB had said and contacted them right away to get early testing. That very same day I was sent in to get a blood draw to monitor my hcg levels. The worst thing that could ever happen - happened. My blood levels were incredibly low but my OB wanted to be sure this was another ectopic before proceeding. On May 15th I was treated with my first dose of methotrexate, upon review of my hcg levels my doctor informed me that a second dose was needed as my levels weren't dropping as expected.

I am now a month after treatment and feel discouraged and helpless. I worry about any slight stomach pain and panic.

I don't know what to do, I have only one tube and have had the horror of having to go through a second ectopic with panic of whether or not it would rupture. Everyone around me is getting pregnant and I worry I may never have children of my own. This has happened to me twice now, will I ever be able to call myself a mommy?

Has anyone had success after having two ectopics?

zmc88

Re: Second Ectopic

Post by zmc88 »

Hi. So sorry to hear about your situation. I had an EP in may this year. That was my first pregnancy. They tried to treat it with methotrexate, but it didn't work. As I went to the hospital for the second methotrexate, they decided to do an because my tube has started cracking up. I had severe pain and alot of bleeding as well.

After surgery I feel much better but knowing I only have one tube left scares me. My doctor told me that if the other tube also didn't work, I could do an IVF. Maybe that could be an option for you?

I also have a question for you; did you do any check ups after you had your first EP? Like an ultrasound etc? Did you get any "confirmations" that your second tube looked ok? Because that's what the doctor has told me. But still I'm so scared of trying again...