By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

New pain 1 week post op

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LadyBear

New pain 1 week post op

Post by LadyBear »

I had laparoscopic surgery 1 week ago for ectopic pregnancy in left tube, and they also found a hydrosalpinx in right tube. They made an incision in the left tube to take out the EP, and left the right tube alone. I had been feeling tightness around the incision site on the right for the last cpl days - and today I started feeling tenderness/pain around it especially if I press in (but not directly over the incision which seems to be healing fine from the outside). No fever and bleeding has actually let up already. I’ve taken my extra strength Tylenol with no improvement. Has anyone experienced this tightness or tenderness before? Not sure if I need to have it checked out, my next follow up isn’t for 4 days. Praying I don’t end up in ER for a third time.

EPT Host 20

Re: New pain 1 week post op

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LadyBear,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
It is common for ladies to feel pain following surgery and it is still very early days. I would advise to take the pain relief medication as you have been advised however, I am not medically trained and if you feel your pain is worsening, I would always advise that you seek medical advice.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

LadyBear

Re: New pain 1 week post op

Post by LadyBear »

Thank you for your response, Karen. I just got back from a follow up appointment and the doctors didn’t seem to be concerned. They didn’t say what the tightness was from, but I assume from adhesions/scar tissue. It seems to have gotten a bit better, especially after a big day of (leisurely) walking 10K steps!