By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hello - any words of advice/wisdom welcome

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
missprince82

Hello - any words of advice/wisdom welcome

Post by missprince82 »

Hi everyone,
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I never thought I'd be a forum user but I wanted to say 'thank you' as I have already found a great deal of support and comfort in the posts/forums on here already.
After 3 frozen transfers of IVF we finally had our positive result which, within days, turned to a suspected early loss or 'failed pregnancy' and now an ectopic. I'm having the methotrexate injection in the morning and wondered if anyone had any words of advice?
Had to sit with all of the pregnant mums in the ultrasound department last week which was cruel and terribly painful. I've been feeling ok and had accepted the early loss but am so upset after finding out this was an ectopic pregnancy as it would have been fine if in a different place and it took us so long (6yrs) to get to this point. Just feel like I'm even further back than we were due to the impending 3 month minimum wait.
Sorry to go on, just wondering if anyone is out there who is/has been in a similar situation.
Wishing everyone the very best. Thanks.

EPT Host 20

Re: Hello - any words of advice/wisdom welcome

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear missprince82,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss after everything you have been through. My heart truly goes out to you.
I haven't been in your situation with IVF treatment but I have had methotrexate for ectopic pregnancy and I can fully understand the frustration of having to wait 3 months after everything you have been through.
Above all you mustn't blame yourself, sadly there is no way to prevent ectopic pregnancy from happening. Please be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team