By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Expectant treatment - levels plateauing?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sophie123

Expectant treatment - levels plateauing?

Post by Sophie123 »

Hi there

I’m a little concerned about my hcg levels for my expectant management and wondered if anyone has had the same/ can shed light?

I initially presented with a level of 313 which ultimately spiked at 588.

Following that peak it dropped a huge amount to 175, but since then has been creeping up - 225 - 236 and now 245.

Obviously I’m keen to avoid MX or surgery but finding this very stressful and don’t feel confident a drop is coming. I did initially as pregnancy symptoms went and now I have no cramps and spotting, but these levels don’t correspond with my lack of symptoms.

The doctor says it looks like it’s plateauing and should drop, but I feel anxious about that as it’s still rising incrementally and has been plateaued for around 10 days now.

Is this normal and still a sign that expectant treatment can work?!

Many thanks

Sophie

EctopicPUL

Re: Expectant treatment - levels plateauing?

Post by EctopicPUL »

Mine went up and down but basically there was no change for 3 weeks. It worked in the end though. Hang in there

Mariia

Post by Mariia »

Hi girls!

Sadly I'm in the same boat right now - my levels are plateuining (279 at 08/07 - 294 at 10/07 - 236 at 12/07 - 259 at 15/07) and my doctor recommended to take a methotrexate shot because my HCG is basically stay at the same level. Two hours ago I was in hospital to take my shot but since I'm 34 and have no kids and my AMH (refers for ovarian reserve) is so low (0.18) I just can't let myself to wait for another 3-6 months to conceive. So I asked my doctor to wait just a little for my next blood draw just to put my mind at ease at to know that I did everything I could.

And I'll be so grateful if anyone will share their stories about how long it could take to fall HCG below 5 points when they are plateuining. And is there any cases when you opt for "wait and see" and eventually had to take a shot or a surgery.

Thank you in advance!

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

Mine took 7 weeks. Forgot the figures but after few days bleeding started at 350 ish, 3 weeks later was much the same, 7 weeks later discharged at 5.3

Mariia

Post by Mariia »

Just got my blood test - 292. Doesn't look optimistic, but gynae said we can wait a little more since I haven't pains and not bleeding (though 2 days ago I had severe pains for 5-6 hours and then desidual cast came off). 11 days of waiting and watching just to see that my numbers have returned to the start point... I have no more tears and nerves..

EctopicPUL

Post by EctopicPUL »

I had the same thing. Are you still going through tests? It's particularly upsetting after passing the cast as it feels so complete. I thought it was over. Hope you're okay