By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hetrotopic pregnancy, losing both babies

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Jenmee123

Hetrotopic pregnancy, losing both babies

Post by Jenmee123 »

Hi this is my first post, I’m not really sure if this is the right place to post this as what happened to me is apparently quite rare and there doesn’t seem to be that much information out there and hardly any other personal accounts. I was 2 days from being 12 weeks pregnant on 2nd April this year when I started to bleed like the start of a period, I called the hospital and I was booked in for a scan at 8.30 the next morning, however that night I had a dragging heavy sensation below , which I could only compare to labour and I miscarried during the night. I went to hospital as planned the next morning where the miscarriage was confirmed it was so upsetting as you start to feel safer when you are almost at the 12 week mark. The midwife took bloods and because the pregnancy hormone was still high she asked me to go back two days later to have more bloods done. I saw a consultant when I went back who confirmed there was also an ectopic pregnancy, which I had expectant management for over the next 4 weeks. I was wondering if anybody else had gone through the same thing, I feel so unlucky that not only did we have the ectopic, but also miscarried the baby in my uterus. Thanks for reading xx

EPT Host 20

Re: Hetrotopic pregnancy, losing both babies

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Jenmee123,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and losses. To experience one loss is difficult to deal with multiple losses, especially at the same time, is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
As you have mentioned heterotopic pregnancies are very rare, but we have had ladies in the past who have experienced this and gone on to have successful pregnancies.
Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally. We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x
The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Hayleyhrm

Re: Hetrotopic pregnancy, losing both babies

Post by Hayleyhrm »

Hello,

Just to let you know you are not alone. 2 weeks ago today I had my ectopic pregnancy removed, at the scan that day they could see the ectopic and a normal pregnancy but when I woke up the next day I had miscarried as well. I'm in shock from it all and it's so new every day is different. I know I'm lucky as I already have children but I'm still finding this very hard to go through and I feel like I'm not allowed to be sad because it was so early and I already have children but I really am. Also it all happened to fast I have to think has this really happened? Anyway I just wanted you to know you aren't alone, I saw it was very rare too and I've not spoke to anyone about it apart from my husband and mum so it's hard to process x