By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Feeling of guilt

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
nicolestubbs

Feeling of guilt

Post by nicolestubbs »

Hi,

Has anyone felt guilty about having their ectopic? Over the last few days iv been feeling guilt and am on the verge of wanting to end things with my partner based on how I'm feeling and what has happened and I'm questioning myself things such as Why would someone stay with me after going through an ectopic and only having one tube? The fact that my chances to become pregnant again have dropped slightly it does worry me and put alot of thoughts into my head.

Iv only realised that what has happened has just sunk in and I get that these feelings may be expected its just how do I deal with them? I don't feel like I can speak to people as I don't think they'd understand, Iv been thinking about talking to my partner about how I am feeling but I'm not sure he'll take it very well!

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you overcome it? Or what did you do to help with how you're feeling?

Kmuller

Re: Feeling of guilt

Post by Kmuller »

I am going through the same thing right now. I just had my one tube removed due to ectopic two days ago and my husband has been great but I am worried for our future and pregnancies. They are saying the other tube doesn’t look healthy as it should either and all of these terrible thoughts are going through my mind. I completely understand your feelings and I am seeking this forum as help.

nicolestubbs

Post by nicolestubbs »

I’m so sorry to hear about your other tube not looking healthy! It’s horrible to have these feelings I’m just not sure how to get over them :(

Hayleyhrm

Post by Hayleyhrm »

Hello,

I just had an ectopic pregnancy 2 weeks ago today so not an expert in how you can expect to feel but just wanted to say please don't feel guilty. I also felt guilt and I spoke to my husband and he told me not to be daft, would I blame someone for being sick? And of course not, I know I can say but my body caused it but none of us are in control of our body actually doing this, just like people can't control getting sick. Hopefully you both can have children again but whatever lies ahead if the issue was with your partner would you want to leave them or try every way possible to have a child together? We have all been through a terrible thing and who knows what the future holds but please talk to your partner's they should want to support you, and don't blame yourselves, what you are going through is bad enough without feeling guilt. I hope we all feel as better as we can soon!

nicolestubbs

Post by nicolestubbs »

Hello

Thank you for your message :), I ended up speaking with my partner and he very much comforted me and told me I was being silly and just said that he wasn’t going to leave me which made me feel better!

But at the moment I’m very much no children but that could all change in the future with a bit of healing time

Hayleyhrm

Post by Hayleyhrm »

I'm glad you spoke to your partner and they were able to reassure you. I know what you mean, the first few days I was like never again do I want to be pregnant in case I'm in this situation again but now I'm like but I do want more children. I'm sure my emotions will be all over the place for a while so I'm trying not to think of that aspect and just trying to give myself time to physically recover and sort my head out a bit and then I'll start to consider again what I actually want to do. Best of luck to you whatever the future holds and hope it all goes well for you from now on x

nicolestubbs

Post by nicolestubbs »

I think like you Iv got to physically and mentally get over everything that has happened live life a little and then think again about trying!

Thank you for your words hope things goes well for you x