By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic resolving itself?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
SISCK

Ectopic resolving itself?

Post by SISCK »

I am looking for experiences of Ectopic pregnancies that resolved by themselves?
I was referred to the EPU 2 weeks ago after a positive pregnancy test and 2 weeks of bleeding which I had mistaken for my period. Bleeding has been on and off for a month now (still going). My HCG levels have been dropping slowly: 196, 145, 98, 25 and waiting to hear results today. They think they saw a very small mass on my left tube a week ago, but today they have not seen this. There is a small but persistent pocket of free fluid in the pouch of Douglas and I also have a small cyst in my left ovary. They think this was an ectopic which is resolving itself. However I feel worried and unsure whether to keep monitoring my HCG levels and having ultrasound scans privately for a few more weeks just to be on the safe side (they will discharge me if the HCG goes down to 0). Anyone has gone through similar experiences?
Can we be 100% that the pregnancy will resolve itself if HCG drops to 0? What happens to the fluid (possibly blood) in pouch of douglas? Can we trust it will disappear on its own? Thank you.

EctopicPUL

Re: Ectopic resolving itself?

Post by EctopicPUL »

I was discharged at 5.3

I trust they know what they’re doing and private scans for me would’ve added to the anxiety.

Sarahm39

Re: Ectopic resolving itself?

Post by Sarahm39 »

Sorry to hear your pregnancy didn't work out. I had a suspected ectopic in November. It was classed as location unknown. I had to attend hospital 3 times a week for 5 weeks to get bloods taken to make sure the HCG levels came down. It took ages but it came to the correct level after I had a period. Then straight after I was in the clear I got pregnant again. Was 10 weeks when the bleeding started. Went to the EPU and they said it was an ectopic as they could see it in my tube. I had to have the tube removed that afternoon. It was a bit strange it was suspected the first time and then it happened the second. My advice is to you is to make sure you are careful and let yourself have a few cycles before trying again.