By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heavy Period with clots & tissue 3rd cycle after Ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Megkristina

Heavy Period with clots & tissue 3rd cycle after Ectopic

Post by Megkristina »

I got my BFP on April 8, confirmed ectopic & methotrexate shot on April 18, and treatment completed (no longer pregnant by May 1). My cycle came back within a couple weeks and felt normal, maybe a bit lighter. We TTC again in early July and about 8-9 DPO I had the same pregnancy symptoms as the first, but kept getting BFN all the way into 14DPO. The day before my AF was due, I had terrible cramps and light bleeding. Woke up in the middle of the night with the cramps and large clots and a huge piece of tissue passing. I assumed I was having a miscarriage despite the BFN. My doctor said it’s possible that my uterus is passing the first pregnancy (3 months later??). Anyone else experience this? What about my pregnancy symptoms? It’s all very strange and confusing. I just feel in my bones I was pregnant and now miscarrying.

EPT Host 20

Re: Heavy Period with clots & tissue 3rd cycle after Ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Megkristina,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and of the confusing time you are going through.
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms. Your doctor may be able to complete blood tests to see if your hCG has risen which may give you information on if you were pregnant. You could ask your Doctor to do this for you.
Sadly I do have to remind you that if you experience and worsening bleeding, abdominal pain or feel dizzy and unwell to please seek urgent medical advice.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

nyamz_

Re: Heavy Period with clots & tissue 3rd cycle after Ectopic

Post by nyamz_ »

Hi Megkristina

I had the exact same symptoms, i just started my 3rd cycle (post laparoscopic surgery on my left tube) and i have had the weirdest of symptoms to the point i thought, no, was convinced i was pregnant. Pregnancy test was negative. My symptoms included but not limited to, nausea, lower back pain, exhaustion, sensitivity on my hips and left leg especially, lower abdomen cramping (very similar to the pain i had before my surgery), moody, emotional, headaches, bloating, increased discharge. This was then followed by a very heavy period (which came 4 days early) with small clots, this was particularly strange for me as i don't usually get heavy periods and clotting. Also, my previous 2 cycles post op were normal flow and slight cramping however not as painful as i had now in cycle 3. There doesn't seem to be enough info on the reasons for this, the only info i have is based on what i have read on other chat groups - most women have period cramps post op (even though they never used to get before, which was my case), the body takes some time to recover, there may be adhesions due to the op, we are now more 'in-tune' to our bodies due to our experience etc etc. Regrettably, none of the above really explains what has happened in our 3rd cycle. Have you by any chance received any additional info? Did you get medical advice?