By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Lost both tubes after 2 ectopics

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kayjayleo

Lost both tubes after 2 ectopics

Post by Kayjayleo »

I’m 2 weeks post op from my second ectopic pregnancy. Feeling alone and kind of in a bubble where i don’t wanna go back to my old life, finding out I was pregnant brought such hope for me and my partner. I’m grieving our future plans aswell :( . I’ve been told I can only concieve via IVF which in itself is scary and we can’t do anything for 3 months so I’m just left sat here. Honestly the first time broke my heart but this one seemed to break it even more, losing your baby and fertility in one day really does make your stomach turn inside out.

Angelica2017

Re: Lost both tubes after 2 ectopics

Post by Angelica2017 »

It’s soo hard. No one prepares you for such things. I remember when I was told you need surgery and now you won’t be able to naturally conceive i really struggled for sometime. Left hospital shocked and in need of support, found this forum as a source of support and had some counselling as well. In my experience with time things get better. I am a mum now. I would have never of thought it would happen in those difficult days in 2013. Be kind to yourself

Kayjayleo

Post by Kayjayleo »

Thank you for your reply , I haven’t spoken to any counsellors yet x IVF scares me this whole thing scares me. I’m just not sure what my next move is, right now I just wanna run away. Torn between going forward and trying again or just giving up x

Angelica2017

Post by Angelica2017 »

Your thoughts of going forward, trying again and giving up is so natural for sometime in my experience, your still in the early days of processing all that has happened and looking into your potential future options. Take care of yourself on this journey.

GwenllianGlyn

Post by GwenllianGlyn »

Hi there, I’m so sorry that you’ve been through an awful time, no-one will ever understand what effect having an ectopic pregnancy has on a person, I’ll definitely never be the same again. I’ve just had the all clear after my second ectopic in 11 months, first was last July and had my left tube and baby removed. They caught it earlier this time and managed it with methotrexate but had to have two injections which means we’re unable to try again for at least 6 months, I was absolutely devastated when they told us that but at least I still have my remaining tube. I’m so scared for the future, I really don’t think I could cope with another ectopic ☹️ It’s such a traumatic time and I totally get that you want to runaway from it all and hide, it crosses my mind every day, life and work seems so scary at the moment and I don’t want to face it but it’s something we all have to do. I’ve felt every emotion in the book these last few weeks, anger, disbelief, frustration, grief, sadness, loneliness... you name it I’ve felt it. It’s such a cruel situation ☹️ I hope everything turns out ok for you and sending lots of love your way xx

Kayjayleo

Post by Kayjayleo »

I’m sorry you’ve been through it twice, I was in shock when they said it was in my tube again x the first one iny right tube was a shock of course but my left tube I was told was fine ? So when we fell pregnant again I was honestly thinking it will be fine as 90% after a ectopic are ! But not me :( x my partner has been amazing but he don’t know what to do with me as I’m so down. I’m ok one minute and bad the next and the thought that we can’t even do anything like you for months makes it worse. The only thing that will make this feel better is time. I totally understand how you feel scared because I do to, I can’t go through this again. My partner wants to try ivf but at the moment I just can’t face another loss if that doesn’t work either. I really do hope you have a successful pregnancy t time and have hope that at least you still have one tube so you can get preg naturally x sending love