By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Putting in a Brave face

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Khiggins26

Putting in a Brave face

Post by Khiggins26 »

Last week I was diagnosed with an Ectopic pregnancy. My whole world collapsed around me after trying for 2 years.
My partner cried most days as well as me.

I was given the Methotrexate Injection with every fingers crossed it would work.
On my day 4 blood test (yesterday) I had mentioned some slight pain on the side (right) it had formed on.
They rushed Into the scan room. My nurse left the room without saying anything and had to get a her superior to double check.
My baby had doubled in size and a heart beat was present!
Within 2 hours I was on an operation table having my right tube removed.

I feel like I have to do the standard English thing of 'stuff upper lip' and not make a fuss but I feel so empty and dont want to cause a scene.
Any advise in helping me feel like I'm not 'dragging it out' or 'milking it'?

Kayjayleo

Re: Putting in a Brave face

Post by Kayjayleo »

Hey Hun, I’m really sorry to read your story :( I’m only 2weeks post op myself and it’s defo ok to cry and forget the stuff upper lip! You do what you need to to get through each day x most days I cry... sometimes I just sit and stare into space and others I get up and feel ok ish... just time is the only thing that will heal this x

B67 B67

Post by B67 B67 »

Hi, my daughter had an ectopic pregnancy a week and a half ago. Some days are a bit better than others. She has been having problems sleeping and having nightmares. They say time is a great healer. It has been an emotional 3 weeks and there has been lots of tears. We just hope that each day will get a bit easier, but at the moment it’s really tough xx

Kayjayleo

Post by Kayjayleo »

Bless her, yeah I can’t sleep.,. My oh is in bed now and I’m on the sofa reading forums to try feel better :( x I dream the scan wasn’t real and all sorts of things x this is my second ectopic and I don’t have anymore functioning tubes :(

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear khiggins26,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal and you won't be causing a scene at all.
I found that whilst well meaning, friends and family didn't truly understand how I felt. Many women experience feelings of isolation after an ectopic pregnancy - I did, too. It is a frightening experience. Like you, I reached out to the Trust for support and I will be here for you to lean on for as long as you need.
It is still really early in your journey and your feelings are honestly normal however if you do not feel you are healing in time or if you feel you need to speak to someone, we at the Trust believe that talking through what happened and your emotions as and when you can helps the healing process. We operate a helpline service and there's no pressure whatsoever but if you would ever like the opportunity to speak over the phone to someone who has been through a similar experience, do feel free to call, details are below. We can take things at your pace entirely and you are free to ask any questions that are on your mind. You can talk about the ordeal you have been through and express your feelings to vent and let off some steam. We can exchange emails too, if you prefer that route. We'll simply be here for you, however you wish and for as long as you wish.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team