By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Decision to make

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
MrsD83

Decision to make

Post by MrsD83 »

Hi. This is my first post. 2 weeks after my period I started bleeding brown blood. I took a pregnancy test 3 days later and it was positive. Was very confused as it had only been a few days since we had sex/ovulating.Thie brown discharge got a bit worse and I went to the early pregnancy unit. They said it was nothing to worry about and sent me for a HCG blood test. My reading was just over 200. Even though I was early into the pregnancy they asked me to do another blood test 48hrs later. That reading doubled. 2 days later another blood test showed a slight decrease which caused concern and they gave me a scan. Nothing was seen apart from a cyst on each ovary. I had more bloods and they went up to 970 but there was a week apart which wasn't good as they need to double every 48hrs. Another blood test 48hrs later was 1233. Another scan 2 days later and still only cysts showing. Its 5 weeks since the start date of my last period. Would it be too early for anything to show? They've booked me in for the injection on Monday and I had lots of bloods taken today one of them being the hcg again. The brown bleeding stopped about a week ago so it lasted around 2 weeks. They've told me there's no chance of a successful pregnancy and it's ectopic but I can't help thinking if it's too soon to show the sac?! I'd understand more if I could see the egg had implanted somewhere it shouldn't have but there was nothing at all. Time is ticking and I'm worried Monday will soon be here. First time I've posted on any forum so would love to hear your opinion please. Thanks for reading

B67 B67

Re: Decision to make

Post by B67 B67 »

Hi, my daughter had a missed period with a positive pregnancy test. A few days later she started spotting, but thought best get it checked. She was sent to early pregnancy unit, where she had a scan and hcg levels were taken. Nothing was seen on the scan. The bleeding stopped and her hcg levels went up, but did not double in 48 hour period. They did a repeat scan and still nothing seen. They suspected an ectopic. My daughter did not really have any symptoms, although later on did start to get cramps on right side. She had the injection, as it was a non-viable pregnancy. Unfortunately a week on & the injection hadn’t worked. Scan took place & ectopic was then seen in right tube. She had surgery that same day. This was 2 terrible weeks of emotional ups & downs. I do hope things work out for you x

MrsD83

Post by MrsD83 »

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter. I appreciate you sharing her story. It's very similar apart from the fact I got a positive test 8 days before my period due day which I still can't understand. Im going to call the unit in the morning and ask to speak to someone with some questions before I have the injection which is due to take place in the afternoon. My numbers are definitely not doubling but can't help thinking I may be too early to get good levels (may be 4 or 5 weeks) Thanks again. I hope your daughter has recovered well.

B67 B67

Post by B67 B67 »

Hi, yes definitely ask questions, as it could be too early. Hope things go well for you and yes my daughter is slowly improving every day, thanks x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear MrsD83,
I was wondering how you got on today? And to offer support should you need it,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

MrsD83

Post by MrsD83 »

Thank you for asking. I went ahead with it yesterday. My hcg blood level wasn't increasing more than 200 so after my questions were answered I decided to go ahead. Hopefully it'll be successful. I feel OK at the moment but having waves of different emotions. Feeling I've done something I shouldn't have but every health care professional said it was the best thing to do x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear MrsD83,
I think we can all relate to the feeling of doing something you shouldn't, but in all honesty, the health care professionals are right. Although I know, this does not make it any easier.
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal. These boards are a safe space to share, ask questions, or to vent. They are filled with people who have been through similar experiences and journeys, and we are here for you for as long as you need.

I know that when I had my ectopic pregnancy I also looked for a reason and almost automatically we tend to blame ourselves. From the bottom of my heart, there is nothing you could have done to prevent the ectopic pregnancy from happening. I cannot emphasise enough - you are not to blame. Please be kind to yourself and I send you gentle hugs.
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team