By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

MTX & GEM3 tomorrow (hCG 2221)- needing success stories!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Graceberry

MTX & GEM3 tomorrow (hCG 2221)- needing success stories!

Post by Graceberry »

Hi,

I am having Methotrexate and possibly going to agree to take part in the GEM3 trial.

1st bloods hCG was 1674, gone up to 2221 in 48hrs (today), date wise I'd be 7wks+3 days.

Looking for success stories!! Or anyone who has had the GEM3 drug.

Open to the brutal, honest truth on how you got on with all (side effects, future fertility) & if it worked etc.

Thanks,
Grace

EmmyWemmy

Re: MTX & GEM3 tomorrow (hCG 2221)- needing success stories!

Post by EmmyWemmy »

Hi Grace- I’ve just replied to your email but in case you don’t receive it, I thought I’d post.
Yes I’m glad I took part in the Gem-3 trial and I suspect that I was given the active protocol rather than the placebo control protocol due to how quickly my BHcg levels reduced. I escaped another rupture which I am so pleased about.
I wish you good luck and hope you are being well looked after.
EmWem xxx

EmmyWemmy

Re: MTX & GEM3 tomorrow (hCG 2221)- needing success stories!

Post by EmmyWemmy »

Oh and in terms of side-effects- It was a while ago but I think there was some pain and bleeding (understandably). I wasn’t allowed to go out in sunlight (may not be so difficult this summer, depending on where you live) and I remember feeling extremely sad due to my loss.
I ended up speaking to a private fertility consultant and mentioned my 2 ectopics. He advised me to get a lap & dye because of my risk of hydrosalpinx (when toxic fluid builds up in the blocked Fallopian tubes and can create an inhospitable uterine environment for conception). Unfortunately it was a real battle to get this considered by an NHS gynae so I managed (after another battle) to get the lap & dye done privately through my partner’s health insurance via his work. Turns out that I did have blocked tubes and signs of hydrosalpinx so my remaining tube was capped in the end. It did leave me feeling very sad knowing that I would never conceive naturally BUT we had a second round of ICSI in February this year via GCRM in Glasgow (found them brilliant, btw) and I am now 26 weeks pregnant so it turned out well in the end. It did feel like a mountain to climb but I got through it and I’m holding you in-mind at this time.
I hope my answer has been useful. All the best,
EmWem xxx