By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Day After Surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kate_1811

Day After Surgery

Post by Kate_1811 »

Hello,
I was diagnosed as having an ectopic pregnancy on a Wednesday after a long week of scans and blood tests. I had the surgery yesterday afternoon and wondered when this weird stomach pain will stop? If I move around it helps but when I sit down I get it again. I’m also so scared to eat again as I have a phobia of being sick and am scared it’ll happen if I eat. If anyone can offer any advice or experience I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you

EPT Host 22

Re: Day After Surgery

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Kate_1811,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've suffered through an ectopic pregnancy and loss. You've been through a lot over the past week, and this is both a physical and emotional trauma. Especially having gone through surgery, it is so important to look after yourself and your recovery. As I'm not medically qualified and can't quite tell from your note about the type of pain, I'm unable to provide specific advice. After surgery, it takes the body some time to come back to normal and this may be affecting your appetite. However, I always recommend speaking to your GP or surgical team with any questions regarding pain, especially if it continues or increases in intensity.

With good wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, by volunteering, or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team