By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2nd pregnancy ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.

Moderators: EPT Host 9, Information@ectopic, EPT Host 8, EPT host 6, EPT Host 11, EPT Host 5, EPT Host 4, EPT Host 2, Feedback@ectopic, epthostseven, EPT Host 3, EPT Host 10

2nd pregnancy ectopic

Postby Christina1753 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Ho my name is christina I recently found out I was pregnant June 22. I was so excited over the moon. Then I went to my first ultra sound on Aug 15 it was the worst thing that ever happen to me. The ultrasound tech seemed worried and said I have to go to the er. I ask what wrong with my baby she said it looks like its ectopic. My doctor called me and told me I had a hetroectopic pregnancy meaning I had a baby In my uterus and in my right fallopian tube. I have been crying for a week straight. I know my babys are in heaven I just wish they were here so bad. But the doctor said there was nothing I did I'm perfectly healthy my tubes are good no blockage. I just dont understand how this could happen if I was so healthy. My doctor said I can still get pregnant i want to so bad but I'm extremely scared. I dont want to relive this experience again. I'm just going to be high risk pregnancy. I already have a awesome 2 year old boy and husband. I know my time will come and I will have my new baby in my arms. I'm not going to overthink about it. Just take one day at a time. I had to remove my right tube and get a d&c I'm feeling physically better emotionally a little better. :oops: thank you
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Re: 2nd pregnancy ectopic

Postby EPT Host 22 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 am

Hi Christina1753,

Recovery from an ectopic pregnancy can take some time and is very individual. As much as I wish I could give you more certainty, as we are so unique, I am afraid there isn't a timeframe as such. It’s important to remember that there is nothing you could have done to prevent the ectopic pregnancy. What I can say is that as the days and weeks pass, you will begin to feel more like yourself again and although the journey may be a bit of a shaky one - some days will be ok, some not so ok -, please do be kind to yourself and allow yourself all the time and space that you need to heal.

It’s very normal to have worries about trying to conceive. Many feel that way; I did and still struggle with it. With future pregnancies, it is possible to have early scans (around 6 weeks) to ensure you have the right help in the beginning. You can self refer to your local Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU). It may provide some comfort to know that it is usually possible to conceive successfully after having an ectopic pregnancy, though the time it generally takes varies considerably from couple to couple. Approximately 65 per cent of women are healthily pregnant within 18 months of ectopic pregnancy, and some studies show this rises to around 85 percent after two years. In the UK, the repeat occurrence of an EP is about 10 percent chance, but looking at it another way, there is a 90 percent chance of embryo being in the right place.

On your fertility, the egg from the tubeless side can be picked up by the other Fallopian tube, and that means that fertility is not halved with having a Fallopian tube removed. Conservative estimates suggest that an egg produced in the tubeless side manages to descend the remaining tube around 15 to 20% of the time. This means that rather than your fertility being halved it has been affected by around 30% or, looking at it another way, it means we have around a 70% opportunity of conception with each menstrual (period) cycle.

In regards to trying to conceive, the Trust advises couples to wait at least two full menstrual cycles or three months before trying to conceive again. This is to allow time for your body to heal and emotions to surface and be worked through. However, you can start taking folic acid now. It is recommended to take folic acid for at least 12 weeks prior to conception.

We understand how nerve-wracking this all can be. We are here for you, for emotional support too, and these Boards are a safe space for you. We here for as long as you need.

With warm wishes,


If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, by volunteering, or fundraising?
Further information is available at
Email us:
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here:
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team
EPT Host 22
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:26 am

Re: 2nd pregnancy ectopic

Postby Christina1753 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Thank you for your support. I just got other information from my doctor saying I'm completely healthy and I can still concieve that I just had bad that for getting the ectopic pregnancy. Iam getting better as days go by and I know I will be again to get pregnant and have my angel baby with me.
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Return to Main Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Medical advice disclaimer

Online medical advice should never be considered a reliable alternative to personal health care. If you have concerns or need advice on a specific problem, please refer to your own doctor and do not wait for a reply from our staff. If you wish to contact the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust direct, email


If we have helped you, could you help us with a small donation? We receive no government funding and rely completely on third party fundraising. Every little helps to keep us here for the people who need us.

The Etopic newsletter

Sent quarterly, Etopic is The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust's regular e-newsletter, with insights into the work we do, the charity's activities and how we provide support, raise awareness and support research into ectopic pregnancy.

Read our latest newsletter »