By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ashes

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Samantha_84

Ashes

Post by Samantha_84 »

I had a 12 week old EP removed last Wednesday, I said I didn’t want my baby’s ashes but now I’m not sure. I think I’m regretting my decision now. I am able to change my mind, am I being morbid for wanting to keep them? Did anyone else keep their baby’s ashes? Xx

EPT Host 20

Re: Ashes

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Samantha_84,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Based on what we hear from others, women are not automatically told as to what happens to the baby once it has been removed after the surgery. How we want to remember our babies or if we would like ashes is a deeply personal feeling so it may be difficult for people to comment upon.
Although this maybe difficult for you to read, there are several guidelines for medical professionals to follow regarding the sensitive treatment of your baby. As a result, many hospitals have adopted arrangements with local crematoria for the sensitive disposal but they are guidelines, and procedures vary from hospital to hospital.
If you are unsure how you feel, I would speak urgently to the bereavement services or the Patient Advice Liaison Services (PALS) at your local hospital to see if they can assist you any further.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team