By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Did second ectopic feel the same as the first?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LadyBear

Did second ectopic feel the same as the first?

Post by LadyBear »

Hi everyone,
I just found out I’m pregnant again, just 3 months after my first ectopic pregnancy which I had surgery for (they cut open and left the tube in, other tube is completely blocked). I ovulated just 2.5 weeks ago so it’s super early! But I’ve been having mild pain on my far right side where one of my old incisions is. First time around felt different - I had cramping and it was later on than this.
I’m wondering if anyone who has had multiple EPs had similar pain and symptoms with all EPs? Did pain with the second one come on earlier than the first time? What was your experience? Or did you have a successful pregnancy but have pain from the old incisions?
Thanks so much ladies! <3

EPT Host 20

Re: Did second ectopic feel the same as the first?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LadyBear,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy,
After an ectopic pregnancy, finding we are pregnant again can be a mix of emotions and I can completely understand your feeling nervous. It is perfectly normal to feel scared after the ordeal you have endured. I also felt twinges and aches after my ectopic pregnancy, particularly when I next felt pregnant. My mind started racing and I was only really able to relax to some degree after my early scan.
Having said this, if you are experiencing pain I would advise speaking to your GP and whilst I do not wish to alarm you, if you experience worsening pain or any bleeding, please seek urgent medical advice.
Importantly early scans avail, we advise you contact your local EPU to inform them and book in for an early scan at around six weeks. Remind them of your previous ectopic pregnancy. This self refer route is the best route in our view, if you cannot self refer, speak to your GP who can refer you. Hopefully you will have some comfort to know you are under the radar of medical professionals right away.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x
The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team