By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic in June 19 and desperate To conceive again.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
l senoj8989

Ectopic in June 19 and desperate To conceive again.

Post by l senoj8989 »

This is my first time posting on here debating whether to post or not but I've bit the bullet and decided to speak about my experience and hear from any hopeful stories. In March 2019 after 4 years of not falling pregnant I fell pregnant which we were shocked as it never happened previously as you can imagine we were over the moon by the news but that was short lived when we went for our 12 week scan in June 2019. The sonographer couldn't find nothing so she did an internal scan and that was where there found our 12 week fetus in my right fallopian tube. Everything happened so quickly that I was rushed for surgery straight away which they removed the fetus and my right fallopian tube. We were devastated to say the least. Now 3 months we tried the last 2 months and currently had my period today. Am I rushing trying to convince again ? I worry that am not ovulating, I worry it wont happen again for us,I worry having only tube. After surgery the surgeon spoke about the surgery and he explained that he cleared what ever was on my remaining tube and it's all fine. I think am just looking for some reassurance that I am able to conceive again as me and my partner are both healthy and young I'm 30 hes 33. I do have a child from a previous relationship hes now 11 and that pregnancy was fine apart from he was delivered by Emergency c-section. I feel fine in myself now physically from the surgery my periods are back to how they were each month and last 5 days. How long did take for anyone to pregnant after an ectopic? Is a long process ? Am I over thinking things and just need to remain positive and hopeful or is there anything I could do to help my chances to conceive again?were so desperate to have a baby it hurts that were not pregnant . would love to hear some lovely stories from you all after your ectopic.

Leanne x

EPT Host 20

Re: Ectopic in June 19 and desperate To conceive again.

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Leanne,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
It is normal to feel anxious about the future. We experience a mix of emotions from wanting to try again to being petrified of what may lie ahead. We never forget our babies but we can learn to accept what happened. It is a slow process that might be weeks or months ahead. Importantly early scans avail. As soon as you know you are pregnant, contact your local EPU to inform them and book in for an early scan at around six weeks. Remind them of your previous ectopic pregnancy. This self refer route is the best route in our view. Hopefully you will have some comfort to know you are under the radar of medical professionals right away.

Generally, when a person has only one fallopian tube and both ovaries, they are still able to get pregnant from an egg at the opposite ovary as an egg from one ovary can travel down the tube on the other side. The fallopian tubes are not attached to the ovaries and, at the point of ovulation, some very delicate structures called the fimbriae begin to move gently creating a slight vacuum to suck the egg toward the end of the tube it is nearest to (like lots of little fingers waving and drawing the egg towards it). So, if you have only one tube then there is only one set of receptors working and one set of fimbriae creating a vacuum and so the egg is much more likely to find its way to that tube, whichever ovary it is produced from. Conservative estimates suggest that an egg produced on the tubeless side manages to descend the remaining tube around 15 to 20% of the time.

The chances of a further ectopic after a first in UK is 10%. So that's 90% chance of the embryo being in right place next time.While generally it is possible to conceive after an ectopic pregnancy, the amount of time it takes varies from couple to couple. Factors include age, general health, reproductive health and how often you have sex, among other things. It may be comforting to know that 65% of women are successfully pregnant within 18 months of experiencing an ectopic pregnancy and some studies suggest this rises to around 85% after two years.

Making the decision to begin trying to conceive is an emotional rollercoaster compounded by our sad loss. Again, you are not alone. We here emotional support whenever you need us. There is a specific Preparing for Your Next pregnancy board you can look at too whenever feel ready.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Llana

Re: Ectopic in June 19 and desperate To conceive again.

Post by Llana »

I'm posting as I had a epotic in July after 2 miscarriages in 18months I went a baby really bad but I feel I cant have any so what do i do