By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Blood tests

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Tabbitha9

Blood tests

Post by Tabbitha9 »

Hi I'm.wondering do they do a full blood count if your admitted with an ectopic or what other blood test they do. I know 1 will be for blood group. They took so many blood samples when I was in.

EPT Host 20

Re: Blood tests

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Tabbitha,
I'm afraid I cannot comment on what specific blood tests would have been taken as every hospital trust would have different policies and procedures to follow.
Your GP would be able to chase up bloods from your local hospital if you are interested to know any results.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

tryagain92

Re: Blood tests

Post by tryagain92 »

Hi.

When I was admitted for surgery, I had to have these bloods tested:

hcg
FBC
blood group

When I was treated with methotrexate, I had:

Hcg
FBC
Liver function test (LFT)
Kidney function test (U&E)
Kidney function test again (UFR)
Blood group test

I had a LOT just to have methotrexate! So if you had to have that, then that’s probably why you needed so many.

I hope you’re ok x