By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Bleeding with pain

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sarahh1982

Bleeding with pain

Post by Sarahh1982 »

I had my right tube removed just over a week ago. I was told I would bleed as my hormone levels dropped. I've started bleeding on and off but seem to have some cramping with this. Is this normal? I was told this wouldn't be my period so dont understand why I have cramps.

EPT Host 22

Re: Bleeding with pain

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Sarahh1982,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. During these early days, it is incredibly important to look after yourself and allow time for yourself to heal both physically and emotionally.

It is very normal to bleed after treatment for ectopic pregnancy. The bleed that occurs in the first week or so of treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is not your first period. It is the bleed that occurs in response to falling hormones associated with the lost pregnancy. Some women find that bleeding and spotting after treatment for ectopic pregnancy can last up to six weeks.

As I'm not medically qualified, I would recommend making a list of questions to take to your follow up appointment. As well, if you have immediate concerns you can always speak with your doctor sooner for peace of mind.

With good wishes,

Michele

********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
******************************************************************************************