By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Help? EP, methotrexate and abdominal pains

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
julia2

Help? EP, methotrexate and abdominal pains

Post by julia2 »

I was diagnosed with ep last month and got methotrexate twice, last one almost 3 weeks ago. The abdominal pains with the injections were really intense but was able to take the worst edge with standard pain killers. However I still bleed, sometimes quite heavily and still experience daily discomfort and almost daily pain, especially on the left side were the pregnancy was. Does somebody have similar experiences? How long the bleeding and pains can last? My hcg is decreasing normally (now only 130) but was so worried with the bleeding and weird sensations that went today to see a doctor but nothing out of the ordinary could be seen in the ultrasound. Julia

cap021463

Re: Help? EP, methotrexate and abdominal pains

Post by cap021463 »

Hi
I have actually been going through the same thing, its been 2 weeks now post methotrexate and i am still feeling some abdominal pain and discomfort on both sides of my Fallopian tubes sometimes i wonder if its normal, it comes and goes but its not that bad. My Ectopic was found on my left side with a mass that is 1.7 cm, ive been getting my blood levels checked every week. my starting levels where 455 and now i am at 152, i have another lab appointment tomorrow so im hoping they have dropped some more
its very stressful cause i'm constantly scared of a rupture so i listen to my body a lot for each and every pain i experience so i understand how you feel.

cap021463

Post by cap021463 »

oh and by the way i havent bled either not even spotting and its been three weeks i originally was given 2 shot at two different separate times :(

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Julia,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I too had methotrexate injection and found my pain was quite sharp at times. It is positive that your hCG levels are reducing so I would advise to continue with your over the counter painkillers, but we often advise to avoid NSAIDs, unless your medical team has advised it is ok for you to take it.
Experiencing some pain after an ectopic pregnancy is normal as your body has been through a great deal. Please inform your medical team of your ongoing pain, but seek urgent medical advice if it suddenly worsens.
The length of the bleeding can vary from woman to woman and some women do report spotting and bleeding for up to around six weeks after an ectopic pregnancy.
Please be kind to yourself and allow time to heal both physically and emotionally. We will be here for you for as long as you need.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team