By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period cramps without bleeding six weeks after

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Fmc122

Period cramps without bleeding six weeks after

Post by Fmc122 »

Hi everyone. I had an ectopic pregnancy removed with a laprascopy/salpingectomy six weeks ago. I have crazy pms (on top of all the other misery) and now 2.-3 days of cramps but still no period! The cramps are awful but I'm not sure if this is normal as I conceived the ectopic immediately after coming off the pill. I'd been on it around 13 years and haven't had a normal period since. I remember having nasty cramps as a teenager but I'm still not sure if I should bother my GP about this? Did anyone experience cramps but no bleeding after ep? Thanks and all the best to everyone suffering with ep!

EPT Host 22

Re: Period cramps without bleeding six weeks after

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Fmc122,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. Your surgery is still quite recent, and it is incredibly important to look after yourself and allow time for yourself to heal both physically and emotionally.

Many women experience changes to their menstrual cycles after an ectopic pregnancy and it can take some time to settle back into a rhythm that is more usual for you. With your extended time on birth control, you might find that identifying your rhythm takes some time. Periods can be heavier or lighter or more painful than before - as we are so individual there isn't necessarily a set pattern. Doctors consider menstrual cycles of between 23-42 days to be within normal parameters and, if you find that you are not within these sorts of timeframes, it would be a good idea to speak to your doctors just to be on the safe side.

As I'm not medically qualified, I would recommend making a list of questions to take to your follow up appointment. As well, if you have immediate concerns you can always speak with your doctor sooner for peace of mind.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Bankhead11

Re: Period cramps without bleeding six weeks after

Post by Bankhead11 »

Hi
I found that leading up to my first period (after having an ectopic with surgery to remove tube) I had really bad PMS too, and painful cramps a few days prior to starting to bleed. It was about 6 weeks after the surgery. Now on second period post-ectopic and again, the painful cramps started a few days before any bleeding, so it may just be that your period is on its way.