By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

What did you do on what would have been your due date?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
MiniJay

What did you do on what would have been your due date?

Post by MiniJay »

I had an ectopic pregnancy earlier this year,next weekend would have been my due date and I feel like I should do something to mark the day/remember the baby. Can anyone advise on if they did anything and what they did please?

Sazzles

Re: What did you do on what would have been your due date?

Post by Sazzles »

My due date would be Tuesday. We lost 1 to miscarriage in July 18 too. We had an ectopic in march 19 and another october 19. Rather than wait till the due date, we were on holiday and let balloons go for both of them. On Tuesday we will light a candle for all 3 of them and just pray for better luck next time. I think however you choose, make it special for you. X

EPT Host 20

Re: What did you do on what would have been your due date?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Minijay,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss, anniversaries can be so difficult and bring back such difficult emotions, please be very kind to yourself over this time and allow the time and space to grieve.

It has been 9 years since our ectopic pregnancy and every year, I buy a beautiful bunch of flowers to brighten up the room. I also have a charm on a charm bracelet. I have had a friend who has planted a tree in her back garden. We have heard from some women who have special ornaments, light candles, or jewellery or who have had tattoos.

I hope you find a way of remembering, that brings you some comfort. We will of course be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team