By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

PUL or Ectopic, desperate for help

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Juliec

PUL or Ectopic, desperate for help

Post by Juliec »

I am 6 weeks pregnant. I have been having ectopic symptoms ie pain located in my right side and my hormone level has only been rising small increments. Friday, 120, sunday 135, tuesday 156, Thursday 190.
There is so sign of the sac only a small black dot which may be blood in my womb but not conclusive. I've not bled and still have symptoms of early pregnancy. The hospital wont give me methotrexate as they think i will naturally miscarry if not ectopic and been told to wait another week.
I'm exhausted, upset and just want an end to this if there will be no baby.
If anyone has experienced this how long did yours continue for...

Sazzles

Re: PUL or Ectopic, desperate for help

Post by Sazzles »

I had something similar in September. I went for bloods every 2 days for 3 weeks before they decided to give me methotrexate. At its peak my bloods were 594. They never found mine so definitely a PUL. I had my methotrexate on 1st october and it took 4 weeks for my bloods to be 0.

The last time, I bled at 6 weeks in March and my bloods were negligible at 87 when I had my scan. That was at 7 weeks and they found an ectopic pregnancy just outside the right tube next to my ovary. That they left and it took 3 weeks on expectant management for that to completely disappear.

I honestly cant tell you which was best. Methotrexate isn't nice so I do hope it sorts itself out soon. You are not alone x

Juliec

Post by Juliec »

Thank you,

You sound like you've really been through it.
Ita the not knowing and being sat in limbo isn't it?

As much as we have ached for another child, I just want this to be over so we can move on.

Thank you for replying, I really hope things work out for you xx

Mc1990

Post by Mc1990 »

Hi,

I'm going through similar, but maybe a week or so ahead. I started bleeding at 5 weeks, had to wait a week for a scan. Scan they couldn't see anything except maybe a shadow on one tube. So took bloods and watched and waited.

Hgc was 226
Then 391
Then 322 (plus a scan, a week later now, that located it as ectopic)
Decided to watch and wait because hcg was so low.
Then hcg went to 591 so they gave me methotrexate. That was 3 days ago now.

The waiting is so hard. I'm sorry that my story isn't more reassuring, hoping you get some good news

Xx

Juliec

Post by Juliec »

Oh bless, I'm sorry to hear this.
I've still had no bleeding and feeling pretty rubbish. My nausea has gone but my breasts occasionally hurt. My back hurts and still have constant discomfort in my right side.
I have no idea how my bloods will go this week.

Thank you for sharing. Its do so difficult. I hope you get through ok xx