By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

3 days post op newbie

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
lizloz

3 days post op newbie

Post by lizloz »

Hello, I was suggested this page from a friend of mine who has also suffered from ectopic pregnancy as a means of help and support.
A little bit about me, me and my husband have been trying to convince for 13 months. 10 months into trying we suffered a miscarriage and just this Sunday gone I woke with excruciating pain and was seen immediately at our local EPU and it was diagnosed there that I had a left ruptured Fallopian tube and required surgery the next day the Monday they took me to theatre to have the whole of my left tube removed. I was kept in one more night due to low Hb but I’m now recovering at home.
I have been signed off sick for 6 weeks from work. The pain is becoming more and more manageable as the days go on. It’s more of an emotional heartache now as this is something that both me and my husband have wished for for so long and each time we think it’s in our grasp to be taken away from us so cruelly. I am trying my best to remain positive and to look at it that we are getting pregnant just keeping hold of them is the problem. It is also suggested that I may have PCOS which I have to book a scan to determine, I’m petrified that my remaining tube with the ovary on the right has PCOS and this is going to make it harder to convince. I am one big bomb of emotions at the moment as everything is still so raw I just wish I had a crystal ball to see into the future and see when it was our turn. Does it get easier? Is it perfectly normal to convince with one tube easily enough?
Your support means the world to me

Krystle_L

Re: 3 days post op newbie

Post by Krystle_L »

Hi lizloz. I'm so sorry for your loss. I too experienced an ectopic but was treated with methotrexate. Its such a hard time. Please be gentle with yourself.
I really jusy wanted to say specifically regarding the PCOS that I also have PCOS and have conceived twice despite extensive cysts on both left and right ovaries. I was told to take a supplement called Inofolic (cost £30 per month) to help and it really did. I'm not a doctor but just wanted to give you my personal experience. There is hope in this difficult process. Take care of yourself and take it one day at a time.
All my best wishes to you and your husband.
Krystle xx

EPT Host 22

Re: 3 days post op newbie

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi lizloz,

I’m so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss. You have had a massive physical and emotional upheaval, and recovery from ectopic pregnancy will take time. Everyone's path is unique to them and there is no set timeframe for emotional recovery. There are no "musts" or "shoulds" or deadlines. Grieve as you wish and cry, vent, release your emotions as you need.

I found that the first few months were the hardest, as I didn’t fully understand why it happened to me. Slowly, the darkest clouds lifted and I began to have some ok days and even some good days again sometimes. Recovery is not always a smooth path however and some days were good and some not so good. With time though, I began to accept what had happened and, although we never forget, it is something that is a part of us that we learn to live with.

It can be possible to conceive after experiencing an ectopic pregnancy, the time it takes can vary from couple to couple. Factors include age, your and your partner's general and reproductive health and how often you have intercourse (sex) etc. Studies show that around 65 per cent of women are healthily pregnant within 18 months of ectopic pregnancy and this rises to around 85 per cent within two years. While the chance of a subsequent ectopic pregnancy after a first is around 10 per cent. Again, looking at this another way, there is a 90 per cent chance of the embryo implanting in the uterus with a future pregnancy.

Your ectopic pregnancy was so recent and it is still early days in your recovery. Please do allow yourself all the time and space that you need to heal and know that you have a supportive environment here for as long as you need. We are here for you at any time. These boards are a safe environment to let off steam among people who have been there and understand. Please do continue to do so for as often as you wish.

With good wishes,

Michele

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
*********************************************************************************************