By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Could this be a second ectopic?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Critter1066

Could this be a second ectopic?

Post by Critter1066 »

I’ll try and keep this as brief as poss. Warning, It will include gross details.

I had an ectopic pregnancy with removal of my left tube in May this year. We recently decided to try again.

On Monday I got a squinter. Wednesday definite positive pregnancy test. Yesterday I did a digital- negative. Upon wiping afterwards I had orangey pink watery discharge/blood. Test was negative. Got home and a [Brand Name not allowed] test was also negative. Assumed I should wait for a period like bleed.

26 hours later, tests still negative. I am still having very watery, stringy, brown/rust/yellow loss. No cramps. Only on wiping, nothing on my pad.

At first I thought chemical. Now I am concerned as the only time I have had discharge or blood like this was with my previous ectopic. I should be 4+2.

Yesterday the EPU said to wait a week and test again. I don’t feel comfortable with this as last time I felt fine right up until I suddenly wasn’t.

Does anyone have any advice, a similar story etc? Thanks so much.

EPT Host 20

Re: Could this be a second ectopic?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Critter1066,
I'm sorry you are going through this confusing time.
If your symptoms persist, I would advise speaking to your GP who maybe able to order blood hCG levels which will give you a definitive answer. In the meantime, I would advise seeking urgent medical advice with any abdominal pain, worsening bleeding, shoulder tip pain or feeling dizzy and unwell.
Sending much love,
Karen x
The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team