By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

My ectopic story

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Brokenheart126

My ectopic story

Post by Brokenheart126 »

I really don't know where to begin as this has been a really horrible experience for me.

My husband and I have been ttc for 10 years now. In 2010 I was diagnosed with PCOS and was told I would not be able to conceive without medical intervention. We could not afford treatment at that time so we stopped trying. In April of 2019 I went to my Primary physician for an annual check up. He gave me a prescription for metformin 500mg twice daily to help with my PCOS and regulate my menstrual and ovulation. In June of 2019 I had my first menstrual in YEARS! I began to have a menstrual every month after. In November of 2019 I did not have a menstrual which did not alarm me. I thought maybe the metformin was no longer working and I needed a higher dose. On November 23rd 2019 I realized that my boobs were sore and had been sore for 2 weeks. They usually are sore before my menstrual cycle but not for 2 weeks. I took a hpt and got my very first BFP!!!!!! I was screaming with joy!!! But I was also very scared. I decided to go to the emergency room to make sure that I was pregnant. They had me poas which was positive!!! They took my HCG levels and did an ultrasound. That's when things took a turn. The doctor said there was NOTHING seen on the ultrasound and that my levels were 1781 but I shouldn't worry because it may be to early. After that within a matter of 2 weeks I had 5 more ultrasounds and levels checked. NOTHING seen on ultrasound levels rising slow. I was told to come in for a dose of methotrexate. At that time my levels were 5700. 4 days later I have right shoulder pain and decided to go to the ER. They did an ultrasound and told me that they saw something in my uterus but NOT my tubes which freaked me out!!! The doctor explained the only way to see is if she did laparoscopic surgery to explore. After surgery I was told the baby was indeed in my right tube which my tube was removed and that I have a fibroid in my uterus which was NOT removed but was benign. I'm 2 weeks post op now and dealing with the emotional scars. I'm not in any physical pain but the emotional pain is not going anywhere anytime soon. I will be seeing a grief counselor soon to help. I was 8 weeks 6 days when I had surgery. Some people do not understand that I actually loss a baby. Although our baby was never seen, held, or had a name it was still our baby! I hope my story will help or even touch anyone who's also going through this.

Bld1

Re: My ectopic story

Post by Bld1 »

Yep.. I hear you. It is awful and so traumatic and unexpected. I got pregnant with an IUD and had to have my left tube removed. I'm at the point where I def need a grief counselor. I feel like bc it's been a few months people just expect that your fine now. I'm just dealing with different feelings now but it's not getting better and I'm not sure I'll ever get over it until I have a child but ill still never forget. It's hard now as much husband and I both felt that we never wanted children and he still feels that way but I can't even take being around kids now since it just breaks my heart and I just want to hug them so tightly and cry.

Brokenheart126

Post by Brokenheart126 »

Hi bld1,

I am so sorry you are going through it as well. I am greatful for this forum. It seems like no one else understands because they have not been through it. I'm actually terrified of becoming pregnant again. I'm scared I will have to have my left tube removed. I've been reading a book called An empty cradle A full heart. It really helps me when I'm having a really rough day. You should read it. It really helps.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Brokenheart126,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy is a huge ordeal and you are in the early stages of recovery. Your body needs time to heal from your surgery which is in itself a gruelling task. You have also had to process the loss of your baby and been through an immense rollercoaster of emotions - all of this will take time to come to terms with.

You should take it very easily for about six weeks after surgery. Your body will be using its energies to heal internally. It is normal to feel physically and emotionally exhausted during this time and please do be kind to yourself. Recovery can take time and some days will be better than others, one day you maybe ok and the next you maybe in discomfort or more emotional. This is perfectly usual and the healing process will go back and forth in this way for however long you need. It is important to listen to your body's signals and pain and feeling tired are your body's signs to tell you to rest. We suggest keeping a healthy balanced diet, drinking lots of water and resting. Once your wounds have healed, very gentle exercise such as a short walk can help, but please do take this slowly.

We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x
The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Bld1

Post by Bld1 »

Brokenheart126 wrote:Hi bld1,

I am so sorry you are going through it as well. I am greatful for this forum. It seems like no one else understands because they have not been through it. I'm actually terrified of becoming pregnant again. I'm scared I will have to have my left tube removed. I've been reading a book called An empty cradle A full heart. It really helps me when I'm having a really rough day. You should read it. It really helps.
Thank you! I should check it out. I hope things get better for you too! ❤❤