By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

UTI or EP?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Jellybeants

UTI or EP?

Post by Jellybeants »

Hi, I'm new here. Haven't had an EP but am going a little bit crazy wondering what to do. I had a missed period in November and kind of started having pregnancy symptoms, i.e loss of appetite but wanting cheese a lot!, feeling more tired than usual, feeling nautious, really sensitive breasts...then recently i started getting real heavy dull cramping aches (like a huge period was on its way!) So, after about 3 days i get what looks like my period, but its not a normal one or what i was expecting (wont go TMI!) It was over within a few hours and the days following i had minor spotting on and off. My mum suggested a do a HPT but it came back negative. I went to the dr and he said i have a UTI and put me on antibiotics but they dont seem to be helping. Since then ive been experiencing stitch like pains on my left lower abdomen, which come and go a vary in pain. It, does seem get worse when Ive been lying down and im finding it hard sleeping as its causing backache and nausia now too. Ive also been experiencing a weird, almost pinching/burning feeling in my shoulder and my mum says it could be EP even with a negative HPT. Is that true? Not sure if i should wait to finish the antibiotics or not. The pain isnt totally excruciating so i would feel like maybe im overthinking things? Any advice would be great :) thanks

nd2626

Re: UTI or EP?

Post by nd2626 »

I would go to the hospital and get it checked out could be an ectopic. I had no signs but bleeding

Lilylucy1617

Re: UTI or EP?

Post by Lilylucy1617 »

Hi, I fell pregnant middle of December, would have been around 4 weeks. Got horrendous abdominal pains went docs 27th got told it was a uti and given antibiotics. Was in hospital on and off for blood tests, for them to finally listen when I was rushed for emergency fallopian removal surgery. Please get a second opinion and get it checked.