By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

methotrexate and going back to work

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Mariaf

methotrexate and going back to work

Post by Mariaf »

Hello

I have recently had methotrexate and am bleeding quite heavily at the moment and still having blood tests done. Work starts again tomorrow and I’ve already said I am not in tomorrow due to me having hospital appointment. I feel totally in shock, exhausted a whole host of things and I can’t quite process that this has happened to me. I only found I was pregnant 24 hours prior to receiving news it was ectopic and something I never thought would happen to me. Has anyone got any advice for me as my partner goes back to work tomorrow and feeling a bit lost at the moment

EPT Host 20

Re: methotrexate and going back to work

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Mariaf,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.

I had a week off work following methotrexate injection for my ectopic pregnancy and in hindsight, this was not enough time. I was bleeding quite heavily and my pain worsened around 5-7days after the injection. Added to this was the sheer exhaustion I felt after the injection (another common side effect) and coming to terms emotionally with the shock of what I had been through and the loss of my baby.
We also advise not to do any heavy lifting or exercise until your levels have reached pre-pregnancy levels, so I am not sure if this impacts you with the type of job you do.

Above all be kind to yourself, don't rush back to work and speak to your GP if you need additional time off.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Sarahh1234

Re: methotrexate and going back to work

Post by Sarahh1234 »

Hi I had eptopic injection on 4th december I was advised to have some time off work I had 2 weeks I found out mid November I was pregnant I had been off the mini pill 3 weeks and got pregnant straight away bled from the start really only spotting when had a big bleed I assumed was a miscarridge but my hormones kept rising bled for a few weeks after then recently had first period was very heavy but I struggled as I have a physical job I was so tired after the injection for weeks just getting back to normal just have emotional days x